Prologue

So in response to the question asked in the previous part we got 6 responses. 2 were in favor of Mannat, 3 wanted Shuddhi and there was this one particular person who wanted both. And guess what?! We are keeping them both!

Actually, it was at the moment idea/decision that we can keep both the characters Mannat and Shuddhi but as per the voting results we are going to pair Shivansh and Shuddhi but Mannat will also be an important person in Shivansh's life which you will get to know after reading the following prologue. 

We hope that you will like it. Fingers crossed!🤞

And one more question!! Are you people comfortable with Hindi dialogues? or Shall I post everything in English only?

****************

Though it was his birthday, a day celebrated by both, his family and more than half of the population of India but Shivansh was sad. He was feeling very depressed as the few memories of his parents that he has, were causing him pain. He was hurting because his parents were not by his side. He lost them when he was just a 7-year-old kid, it's been 23 years since then, everything has changed but the pain is still the same. He only got to know about his parents from his grandparents and great-grandmothers only.

Oh! How much he wished that he could be with his parents, grow up with them by his side, witness their love, their silly fights, their takkar ki ishqbaaazi! But it could never be possible. His parents were dead.

Tears fell down his cheeks as Shivansh cried himself to sleep.

********

Shivansh woke up to the sound of something breaking followed by the sounds of his grandmothers yelling at each other. The few seconds of happiness that he felt about his grandmothers having arrived vanished the moment he heard them shouting.

Worried he hopped off the bed and ran out of the room to see his grandmothers, his PD and JD (Pinky Dadi and Jhanvi Dadi) exchanging insults while his Kalyani Dadi (KD) kept crying standing at a corner.

"Arre! Aap log lad kyon rahe hain? Kya hua? Dadi, what's happening?!" Shivansh said as he came to stand between his two grandmothers.

"Shivansh tu hat beech mein se! Aaj toh jethani ji ne limits hi cross kar di hai! Inki himmat kaise hui yeh kehne ki main apne Shivaay ko sells off kar rahi hoon?!" Pinky pushed Shivansh aside and grabbed Jhanvi's arm, "Arre khud k sons toh kuch kaam k hai nahi, mere son k baare mein aise comments! How dare you?!"

"Dadi aap yeh.."

"Arre ab bas bhi karo tum dono! Roz roz ka yeh jhgada, tum logon ko sharam nahi aati!" Dadi cried, Shivansh came by her side and held her close. "Can't you let me live in peace?!" Kalyani Dadi leaned onto Shivansh for support. Though it was a regular thing in their household but every argument, every fight broke her heart just more and more.

Pinky pushed Jhanvi back and went away while Jhanvi shook her head in annoyance before taking a sip of the alcohol from her flask before apologizing to Dadi and then she as well went away, leaving Shivansh and Kalyani Dadi alone. 

"Kaisa parivaar hai yeh mera?" Kalyani Dadi cried, "Mere poton k beech mein itna pyaar hai aurr unke maa-baap k beech utni hi nafrat."

Dadi looked up Dada Ji's huge portrait, "Yeh toh mere Shivaay, Shivansh, Omkara, Rudra aurr Priyanka hain jinhone iss parivaar ko jode rakha hai, warna yeh parivaar toh kab ka toot jaata."

Shivansh who was equally worried didn't pay heed to what Kalyani Dadi had said, "Par KD hua kya? PD aurr JD toh usually best friends ki tarah hi rehte hain. Maine toh unhe kabhi jhagadte nahi dekha, phhir aaj kya hua?"