Her little flaw (Chapter 16)

'D-Daiki?''  Kota tapped his wife's cheek but he got no response. He quickly removed the handcuff and lifted the woman's head.

''Oh, god! Daiki!''

"M-Mama?"  Yuri was outside the door and unbelievably shocked at the woman lying on the floor. She started hyperventilating.

"Yuri!" Ryutaro immediately pulled his sister away. Yuri slowly slumped on the floor having difficulty to breathe.

Yuya and Hikaru arrived too.Yuya grabbed Kota's collar pulling him away from Daiki while Hikaru checked on the woman. He quickly blew air into her mouth and pumped on her chest.Among the three of them, only Hikaru had medical training.

Kota crawled to his youngest daughter.

"Y-Yuri, baby. This is papa. I'm here, princess." He rubbed her back.

Things started coming back to her memory. Yuri was very young when she witnessed her mother get killed. The child since then developed serious depression and anxiety. Now, she saw her step-mother about to die too.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry. Ryu, get your sister's medicine!" The little boy ran to her sister's room while calling on a servant.

"Papa, what's happening----kyaa!"  Ryosuke turned back and Yuto caught her when she gripped her brother tightly. She buried her face on her brother's chest.

"Shh. It's alright, Ryosuke." Yuto swallowed deeply to see his family in chaos.

"My lady, breathe please! Come on!" Hikaru was desperate to save her.

''My lady! Lady Daiki!''

It took minutes before Daiki showed signs that she's breathing again but was still unconscious.

Hikaru checked her pulse. He furrowed when he felt something on her.

"Kota, is she pregnant?"

"Y-Yes."

Hikaru pursed his lips in anger.

"Is..Is she alright? Are they alright?"

"Yuya, prepare the carriage. We need to take the lady to London."

"W-What? Why?" Kota panicked.

"The lady stopped breathing for minutes Kota. Who knows what affect it had on the fetus." He knelt to carry the woman.

"I'll go with you."

"You..will stay here. The children need you."

Hikaru stopped when he reached the door.

"If you're not my friend, I could kill you myself."

At the same time, Ryutaro came back with Yuri's medicine. Kota concentrated on his youngest daughter's needs.

Hikaru guided him to Daiki's room. The children were not allowed to see their step-mother. Kota gently pushed the door to see his wife sleeping.

"They're alright. The lady is not in any danger anymore. As for the fetus, we cannot say anything yet since it's still small we cannot find any complications yet."

"Complications?"

"As I told you, the lady was practically dead. It could have killed the fetus too. Or it might have serious effect when she gives birth. What entered your mind, Kota to try and kill her?!"

"I-I don't have anything to say to explain what I did."

"You loved her didn't you? Then look at her! This is the woman you said you love. She almost died...in your hands."