Her little flaw (Chapter 23)

''What?! What is she thinking now?'' Lady Kei was fuming in anger. Learning Lady Daiki asked for a divorce from the colonel irritates her to the core.

''That's right, Kota. What is your wife thinking? We thought everything's doing well between you two. What now?'' Yuya agreed with his wife.

''I don't know, but---'' They all looked when the major entered Kota's room. He was holding a folder of papers and handed it to the colonel.

''Divorce papers. Lady Daiki wants you to sign it quickly.''

''Where is she?''

''She went back to Lady Tatsuya after her discharge. She'll be staying there for now.''

''I won't sign it until I talk to her first--''

''D-Divorce? M-Mama wants a divorce?''

''Ryosuke!''  Yuya whacked Hikaru for leaving the door open. The girl walked to her father.

''Papa! Why did she want a divorce? I will talk to her. Maybe, I can make her change her mind!''

''Sweetheart, thank you. But I will talk to your mother. Ryosuke, you need to rest. Go back to your room.''

''But papa!'' Kota pinched the girl's nose.

''Come on, go back to your room.''

''Alright.'' The girl nodded and left.

Can the children keep secrets from each other? Of course not. They were depressed too upon learning of their step-mother's decision. Their parents were barely married for two years and already separating.

''My lady.'' Lady Daiki was started to see Major Hikaru come up to her.

''Lord Hikaru.'' She was about to stand up but the man stopped her.

''I saw you while I was walking so I followed you. Mind if we speak?''

''Of course.''

''My lady, why do you want to divorce Kota? What did Lord Yabu tell you?''

''H-Huh? N-Nothing. W-What made you say t-that?''

'' I know you love Kota my lady, and you would do anything for him and the children. Even divorce him.''

''Y-You think so highly of me, my lord.''

''I do. I think so highly of you and if Kota didn't show his interest in you first, I would have gone after you.''

''My lord! I'm a married woman!''

''Not for long. I'm working here to hasten your divorce, then I will go--''

A loud slap made it to Hikaru's face.

''Why are you doing this to me, my lord? It hurts so much for me to take in everything and to leave Kota and the children. Please don't make it more difficult for me!''

''Then tell me my lady, why do you want to divorce my friend? Tell me or else, Kota will hate me for the rest of his life!''

''Lord Hikaru..''

''Kota, how are you feeling?''

The man smiled to see the Lieutenant-General visit him.

''Sir. Thank you for your visit.''

''Oh come on. I should apologize, it took me this long.''

''It's alright.''

''I came to tell you that the arraingment has been sheduled in two weeks. You should be there for you're the one who apprehended him.''