Part Two

╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰╮╰

  Heiro woke me as he shook my arm. I yawned and straightened myself.

"Sorry dinner is cold." He told me.

"The rice should be hot." I said, serving myself.

He looked at me strangely for a minute before sitting and eating. He made a noise and eyed me.

"It's good, even cold." He told me.

  I smiled for him and finished my food. I slid to my room, excusing myself without a word. I made my bed with the blankets I bought. I didn't realize I left the door open until he closed it fr me. I laid there for a while, listening to him eat. My body was in hunting mode and I needed blood. Every sense was heightened and I could smell the dust of the room, the lack of lived in scent of an empty room. Then I could smell the dinner and Heiro as he ate. His scent was soft and lingering. He smelled like books and trees. He was old and new. He smelled like cats, too, and a little bit of vampire. I liked his scent, I wanted to taste his scent, and before I realized it, I had gotten up to the door. Heiro stared at me and I frowned, still wearing my pajamas.

"I'm headed out." I announced, blushing a little as I walked past him.

"It's very late." He said, poking his food.

"I know..." I replied, sliding to the door.

"Are you going out in pajamas?" He asked, watching me.

"Um... I need to get ahold of someone." I explained.

"Don't you have a cellphone?" He asked.

"No." I whispered, then sighed, his lived in areas smelled like him and I felt heat rush through me.

"Then, here." He said, then fished his phone out of his pocket and handed it to me. "The house phone is out."

"Um, thanks." I responded, taking my shoes off and taking his phone.

He had a touchscreen and it took me a moment to remember the number for the dojo.

"Hello?" Someone went as soon as the number was dialed.

"Can you send someone over?" I asked the phone.

"Nobody fed you?" The person went and I blushed at the voice on the other end of the phone.

"No and i hope they could do it soon." I told Night before hanging up.

   Heiro was eyeing me, he probably heard the whole conversation. I sighed and handed him his phone. He was quiet, but as I noted how tense his movements were as he took the phone, he was wondering what I was. He didn't ask and he watched me as I waited for someone to knock.

  "I don't have classes this weekend, but i have work." He started. "Should I wake you up?"

"No." I replied, sliding back to my spot and waiting.

  Heiro got up and put his plate up. We put away the rest of the food before he went to bed. I waited by the door for a while until someone knocked on the door. I answered it and sighed at Dawn.

"Night sent you?" I asked, eying the winged one in front of me.

"Yes." Dawn said, I let him in.

  My fangs began to ache and I yawned to stretch them.

"Why don't you feed off of him?" Dawn asked causally, as if feeding off others was his usual thing.

"Because I like willing donors." I told him, sighing at him as I led him to my room.