1. The pureblood family

The tree vibrated uneasily, all it's leaves swaying heavily with the storm. Some trees lay scattered on the ground, uprooted from their being. The giant eagle scratched it's own feathers. The storm would bring in complete destruction. The sky grew darker and murkier. The leaves started falling faster than they ever did in winter. The eagle looked around, flapped it's giant wings and flew higher and higher above the clouds, to battle the storm. The corners of the eagle's eyes were twitched funnily. The eagle continued flying, it crossed the horizons, the destroyed houses, smelt of raw blood. 

It turned suddenly, the cave opened as the eagle pushed it with it's wings. There lay it's master waiting for news. The master seeked all the memories of the eagle and could only see destruction. He laughed maniacally. The colour had drained from the eagles face. Her eyes softened as she looked at her master. 

The wide bushes couldn't hide the magnificence of the Oberoi Manor. It was huge, even the midnight moon shone on it's high minarets. The Manor was all white but no prism could bring out seven colours out from the Manor, such darkness resided in it's soul. The Oberoi's were one of the oldest wizarding families, wealthy, all powerful, all pure bloods, there wasn't a single drop of muggle blood in their veins. They were one of the sacred twenty-eight pureblood families, many of which were lost in the second wizarding war. During the wizarding war they had become a family of death eaters. They thrived on Voldemort's power but when he was overthrown, they were the least affected. 

Janhvi Oberoi looked at her elder son. Omkara was so much like Sirius Black, a rebel, who questioned everything that went around, but alas the similarities ended there, Sirius Black was  one of the bravest, greatest wizards the world had seen. He was a fighter, loyal as a dog, had borne everlasting pain, had suffered a lot and yet his goodness didn't die. She wished she had gotten to see him. She was his niece, the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange. The world had not known about her existence for long, then Narcissa Malfoy had found her. Her mother was the worst people to have walked she loved the Dark lord with a passion only she could muster but if Bellatrix loved anyone more than the dark lord, it was her daughter, Janhvi. She had then met Tej Oberoi and married. She was aware of the darkness of this house, yet love had bloomed and she had married.

Shivaay was the moon child, he was the apple of everyone's eyes. He was like them. Believed not only in their pureblood but also lived the Oberoi name. He was meant for great things, they were all sure of it. 

Omkara came running down the stairs.

"Mom, Mom tell Shivaay to stop tickling me, he says he will hex me as if he knows any magic" he chuckled.

She wished he would behave more like an Oberoi, why did he have to be such a rebel, he wasn't even brave enough to be one, he always hid in the shadows of his brother. Always Shivaay had to come save him. She wondered what would happen once he went to Hogwarts. 

"O, please wait" her younger son, Rudra came running to his brother, panting. She had never made it obvious but it was Rudra, she so loved, he was her pride, a worthy son of the House of Oberois.

Shivaay giggled his eyes shining with mirth as he stood beside his younger cousin. Janhvi smiled at both of them.

"Mom there is this  boy you know, our neighbour" 

"Don't talk about muggles Om" Janhvi warned her elder son.

"Mom but..."

"Don't, why don't you understand" Janhvi said clearly irked. 

"Are you talking about mudbloods again boy?" Tej thundered.

Tej lifted up his wand. Shivaay stood in the middle, between his uncle and his cousin.

"Shivaay don't protect him always, that's enough" he roared.

"No Uncle Tej it's okay he will listen, I will convince him" Shivaay said softly.

"Fine" Tej said walking away.

Just then somebody had appeared at the main gate. Pinky Singh Oberoi looked tired. The death of her husband had surely taken it's toll on her.

"Shivaay what happened?" she asked her son.

"Oh.. Mom.. Om" Shivaay stuttered.

"Don't you dare think of lying boy." her sharp voice rang in the hall.

"Calm down Pinky it's okay, Tej got pissed off at Om and left" Janhvi tried convincing Pinky.

"He is at his mudblood shit again, isn't he?" Pinky sounded exasperated.

"I warned y'all already, him meeting that mudblood boy has made him lose his brain, but you won't listen a thing about your darling son. Do you see Sirius Black in him. It's so funny Janhvi you want him to be like that blood traitor."

"Enough Pinky, it's nothing like that." Janhvi snarled at her.

"No....  don't fi.. g.. ht" a small girl of six whispered.

"Priyanka" Shivaay hugged his youngest cousin.

"Priyanka don't you dare stutter try and behave like A Oberoi" Pinky shouted.

"All your children seem like a disgrace to the pureblood legendary family of Oberoi,  Janhvi no wonder Tej strayed away".

"Don't you dare go there, don't, just don't Pinky" Janhvi shouted.

Shivaay looked at the fallen faces of his cousins. He picked Priyanka and led his other cousins upstairs.