Chapter 4

Amirul's POV

The faithful morning finally arrived, the day I have been dreading to seek ever since yesterday's encounter with Khalif. For some unknown reason, I'm starting to feel butterflies in my stomach, it's just... I have been feeling it ever since I woke up this morning. I can't really describe it but it's something that makes me feel really giddy and I really, desperately wish that I could get rid of this giddiness, because I know that this is wrong. My subconscious is telling me that this is just wrong, this whole feeling that I'm feeling right now is just purely utterly wrong, and it might ruin me and as well as this date for Khalif.

'Urgh... what a way to start the day'. I groaned internally. Gathering all of my willpower just to rise up from the bed to go to the bathroom so that I could clean myself up. After the shower, I then dressed myself— very usual I would say because if you know me very well. I would definitely be that kind of person to look good in any situation. It's not because I have a weird fashion sense or that I'm a stylish guy. It's not like that. It's just that, I really put effort in the way I dress myself and I always try to have a great and clean impression. Honestly, I would've, no scratch that, I should have settled for a simple shirt and jeans but for the first time in forever, I actually wore a good looking shirt with a new pair of jeans. Heck, I even styled my hair. This is very surprising for a guy who's supposedly be a 'wingman' for his best friend's date.

I wore a long sleeved dark blue shirt, with black jeans, neatly clinging to my muscled tone legs. Not to brag, but I do go to the gym quite often and did some minor workouts at home so— no bragging intended by the way. I also wore my favorite black and white sneakers. I mean, what could go wrong with a pair of sneakers, right? Haha. Almost ready and just needed a few touches, I realised that I couldn't stop touching my hair. A sudden wave of insecure washed through me and I just had to make sure it's in place. I'm never good with my hair. Always having to look at it and always retouching it to make sure it stays good and not sprawled everywhere because apparently, having curly hair is a major turn off for a guy.
Awkwardly, I took a few glances at myself for the trillionth time now, just to make sure, I look good. Oh, and to see if my handsomeness does not faze, duh. Can't be too sure though, so it's always best to check yourself in the mirror every now and then.

Once I've arrived, I parked my car at the designated area near a small and cute book cafe. The cafe emits a cozy feelings even by just looking at it. The design of the cafe creates a small cottage feel to it. I didn't know this kind of place existed here in Shah Alam. 'Maybe I should go out more often instead of being locked out in my room.' The thought of it came to my mind for a second before I quickly brush it off. Walking casually towards the cafe, I pushed the cafe door wide open making the door produce a jiggling sound, probably from the small bells that were situated on top of the door. My eyes scanned the cafe, and I was lost for words. The cafe's decor was really pleasant. Modern but still has a tad nature-ish touch to it. The tables and chairs were made out of a classic wood— a certain type of wood that looked really antic and gives out a strong vibe to it. It helped the cafe to create a fairy tale look and made it seem like it has just been pulled out from a fantasy movie. I strolled around the cafe a bit more until I stopped my tracks at a designated area that contains bookshelves full of all kinds of books from different genres. Holy crap, is this for real?! This area is specially for people who wants to read books while waiting for their coffees or just to relax and chill with a book. Wow, I'm quite impressed! 'This place is awesome.'

While I was still gawking at the fascinating interior design in the cafe, my eyes suddenly landed onto a certain singled figure sitting near the panelled window. Squinting my eyes to get a clearer look of the figure. The figure turns out to be a girl. 'Well, that's a first.'
My gaze was solemnly at her as I keep checking her out. She was wearing a light pink blouse with white jeans paired with white heels. My eyes then wandered to her face— only to find that she was covering it with a book. 'Oh, she's reading!'