Chapter 2

Amirul's POV

'We seriously need to find a better place to hangout, I'm sick and tired of this cliche hangout place.' Silently I murmured to myself.

Still in the car, I took a deep breath, inhaling as much of oxygen as I could while inwardly praying that it wouldn't be as troublesome as the last encounter I had with him.

Stepping out of the car, I was aroused by the smell of freshly brewed roasted coffee. Does the environment sound familiar? Ding ding ding! Your guess is correct! It's none other than... Starbucks. The usual hangout place for 'rich' people and 'loaded teenagers' that always try to look cool since the price of the menus here aren't exactly 'pocket friendly' and yet, people still come here to hang out or something I could care less about. Most people that come here are either because they really like the cup of coffee here or just for showing off purposes. Mostly it's the second option, but then again, I don't give two shits about it. This place, is the so called 'usual place' for me and Khalif, 'I know, so cliche bla bla bla' I'm not even sure how in the world we ended up making Starbucks our hangout place. It just happened. Usually we would come here to meet up and talk about stuff. I made a quick mental note to let him know that I'm getting bored this place.

Walking casually through the crowded crowds of Starbucks, I greeted a few staffs members there — since I'm not an unfamiliar face around here anymore 'like what do you expect? I come here too often — they must have had enough of my face'. Strolling to my usual table. I settled down on the chair and silently cursing Khalif for being a tardy person as always.

Its already half past 2 and yet there is no signs of Kha—

"Sorry I'm late bro..."

My head shot up to a familiar voice. Khalif hastily sat on the chair facing me. Glaring daggers at him, he just kept on smiling sheepishly, giving me his famous look every time he comes late for something while rubbing his not so itchy neck. I was about to let my frustration out from my mouth and let him know what I felt before he cut me to it.

"Look, before you get mad and start to curse at me in all the languages you know. I just want to say that I know I'm late and that I'm a tardy person and this time I really have no excuses as to why I'm being late and I'm sorry that you feel like punching me right now because you have all the rights to, but really, don't, please." Khalif said, sincerely with a hint of weariness evident on his face, probably scared that I might burst at him.

Taken aback by his words, I was utterly shocked and confused. This is really unusual, he's never like this. Is this some sort of a prank that he's trying to pull on me? Looking around, I observed the cafe to see if there's a hidden camera placed nearby so that I wouldn't be looking like a fool if it is actually a prank. I wouldn't live to see a day where he would make fun of me for being so stupid to fall for his idiotic schemes.

After looking around for a few seconds, I looked back at Khalif and started to stutter words, because confused was an understatement. "What the hell? Wait... uh.. who are you and what have you done to my bro, Khalif?" The shock was evident in my voice, I could barely hid it.

That might have startled Khalif a little because he started to blink for 10 seconds straight. Khalif took a deep breath and tried to compose himself before replying to my previous question.

"I... I just... I don't know bro... I'm just... not myself these days." His voice cracked a bit and it had caught me off guard. He seemed unsure for whatever reason it is.

"Obviously, I can clearly see that. For as long as I've known you. You never acted like this. Seriously bro, what happened to you? You're acting weird, Khalif? Are you near your death or something!?"