Chapter 5

Khalif's POV

'Click'

'Click'

'Click'

"This is boring..." Throwing the remote control from his hand. I slumped back into the sofa and just laying there while watching the same old show over and over again. It's not even a popular show, why am I watching this shit!? I groaned and stood up to walk to the kitchen to find something to eat.

As I was about to reach the refrigerator, I heard the front door opened. My eyebrows furrowed. Who the hell comes into my house at this time?

I peaked my head out to see who was the idiot that barged into my house like it's nothing. My eyes landed on a very very familiar figure.

Sa...

My eyes widened and my throat became dry.
'Oh shit... I'm dead' I was cussing myself so hard and mentally sweating.

Amirul walked into the kitchen. Specifically, he was stomping his feet to the kitchen. Yep, he is pissed alright. His face was pretty red too. I didn't know want to do at the moment, but... err... a smile won't hurt right?

Amirul was literally inches away from me. I stood there, smiled the most handsome smile I could and said...

"Hey, brother! How are you? I hope you're doing great. You're looking good today. Handsome as always bro! Hehehe..." I hope I made him cool off a bit. I looked at his response, he was crossing his arms and his eyes was glaring bullets at me. Definitely did not work.

Here goes nothing. "Look, it's not what it looks lik..." I was cut off by someone's surprising outburst.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! I WAITED FOR YOU AT THE CAFE FOR HOURS! IT WAS MAKING ME ANXIOUS AND I WAS WORRIED FOR YOUR ASS AND WANTED TO HELP YOU WITH THAT DATE OF YOURS BUT YOU DITCHED THE DATE, YOU DITCHED ME! ARE YOU THAT STUPID FOR DITCHING A DATE THAT YOU WANTED TO GO AND END UP NOT SHOWING UP!? YOU. BETTER. GIVE. ME. A. SOLID. REASON. WHY. YOU. FREAKING. DIDN'T. SHOW. UP!"

Amirul's breathing's were high with the whole outburst and shit. Amirul was never good with being mad. He would definitely explode if he's pissed. I learned that the hard way. Seeing him mad and pissed that one time gave me a 'never to make this idiot pissed or mad' — if you do, then, sayonara sucker, you're dead.

I still stood, shaking a bit by his outburst. My feet felt cold. Yes. I knew this was going to happen, but why is it that I still wasn't ready for it? I closed my eyes and calmed my breaths. I looked at him. Intensely.

"I. Can. Explain." Just three words got out. I wanted to say more but I was afraid I would make him more pissed than he already is.

His left eyebrow perked up. "Explain then."

I led him to the living room and signalled him to sit down. I read about this thing when someone is mad, if he stands, let him sit down. If he sits, let him lie down. It will help to calm the person down. Well, let's test it out then. I hope this works.

Amirul sits on the sofa. I examined him, and was pretty satisfied with it. I scanned his breathings. Seems calmer than a few minutes ago. I looked at his face, that was more relaxed. Hey, I guess it did work.

I took a chance to sit a little further away from him— just incase. Being prepared for the worst. I glanced at him again, one last time before I begin to explain the reason why I 'ditched' my date.

"Okay, first, calm down. Relax. Breathe in, breathe out. Sheesh, what is it with you being pissed at me nowadays I—"

"You're an idiot if you think I'm being pissed at you for no reason." He attacked.

'Touché'

I sighed. "I... I'm sorry, okay?" I covered my face with my hands.

"I was... scared. I just... couldn't bring myself to go. I'm sorry that me being an idiot that I am, made you wait for ME AND MY DATE and... to think that I was the one asking for your help in the first place, and I... didn't even bother to show up. I'm sorry... you have every rights to be mad at me. Come on, punch me in the face if you have to. I... deserve it." I closed my eyes and waited for his punch. He blinked a few times before realising that he hasn't yet have a broken nose or a sore eye.

I opened my mouth to say something. "Sa...?"
Confused was an understatement, isn't he gonna punch me? He always does when he's pissed at me.

Amirul was staring at the floor. He didn't say a word to me for quite some time. A few minutes passed by, I was beginning to feel uneasy. This is weird, I thought.

I was about to get up to get some water for the both of us, but stopped when I heard him sigh. I turned to look at him. His head was still staring at the floor.

"I think..."

I urged him to continue with a soft yeah.

His eyes came in contact my mine. His words surprised me. "I like someone."

Holy shi— No way!

"Huh?" Surprised and confused with a hint of what the hell is going on?!

He was silent again, and I just sat there waiting for him to tell me what the hell is going on.

"I... you know that I was waiting for you at the cafe right?"

"Pfft yeah, obviously. What about it?"

"I met someone there. She's so pretty, and nice! We talked and it just... clicked!"

I saw Amirul's eyes was gleaming. Wtf!

"She... wow, she's just magical!" He continued. His voice was never like that. The way he described this person was... odd?

"She made me happy for a moment."

In my head, I was mentally flipped. Wow, this dude is having the hots for someone he just met. Interesting! I smiled mischievously, looks like I have something to tease him about.

As he was rambling about this person, his eyes suddenly changed to a glare. I gulped.

"At least she was really nice to keep me company and not ditch me like someone I know." He attacked, again.

Ouch. Didn't see that coming.

I smiled sheepishly and scratched my not-so-itchy hair. I didn't want to hear any sudden attacks coming from him so I cut him with a question I've been holding back to ask for quite a while.

"So... ummm did you see her?"

Amirul's eyebrows furrowed. "Who?"

I squinted my eyes at him. As a sign of 'Hello, Captain Obvious!' "My date?"

"Oh... I don't know? It's not like you told me what she looked like or anything? Heck, you didn't even give me any fair detail about this 'date' of yours." More sudden attacks from my pissed best friend. Great. I slumped to my seat, sad.

"Hmmmm... I guess, Layli didn't come too."