two

the fact that jimin kept it a secret from jeongguk that he got accepted at a university in america or the fact that he even applied for it in the first place infuriated jeongguk. if he had known, he would've applied to the same school but he only applied to seoul national university, where they had promised they would go together since they were children.

and jimin didn't even let jeongguk see him off that day he left. if jimin's mother hadn't warned jeongguk and went against his own son's wishes, jeongguk would've never caught jimin at the airport. 

but there they were, jimin standing pretty with his suitcase and jeongguk panting heavily from all the running he just did. jeongguk wanted so much to yell at jimin and curse at him. to say he was mad would've been an understatement. but instead, he hugged jimin and cried in his chest, begging him not to go. 

jimin hugged him back, caressed his hair and kissed him on the forehead. he said he couldn't stay, he has decided for himself and that he was sorry to be so selfish. jeongguk asked jimin if he still loved him. the latter stared at him with an emotion in his eyes that jeongguk couldn't read. 

jeongguk then kissed jimin but he didn't kiss him back. 

when jeongguk pulled away, jimin had tears running down his cheeks but not a single word ever came out of his lips before he walked away.