2

i woke up the next morning, completely fatigued. last night was certainly eventful, mostly for lydia. i spent the entire night wandering around hopelessly, not really sure what to do with myself. lydia on the other hand, had the night of her life. her night consisted of drinking, dancing, and flirting with boys.

lydia's confidence makes me jealous, i've never really been outgoing and playful like her. when i was younger i'd find my voice through socials on the internet, but i'm a little too old to have fan accounts and internet friends now. plus, after everything happened with finn i decided it would be best to quit my "fan girl" stage and move on.

it's a silent morning, the only thing that could be heard was the slight scurry of the wind. the clouds were ivory and fluffy, hopefully it won't change anytime soon.

the clock had just struck twelve, so the sleeping beauty lydia wouldn't awake from my couch for another couple hours.

as i was staring at the abyss of my wall, i started thinking: my life had no meaning. i still don't know what i want to be, while everyone else has their whole life planned. my grades are good, but what's the point of good grades if you have nothing to use them for in the end. lydia is the only spark in my life, the only thing that brings me excitement. my mom is always working, so i'm usually by myself when lyd leaves.

lydia always tells me i need to "get out there again", but honestly i'm scared. i don't usually admit it to myself, but after finn i haven't been able to reach out and connect anymore. when i was with him, i was very outgoing and happy, but i guess heartbreak really changes a person.

i haven't moved on from my childhood boyfriend and i'm almost through with highschool. no matter how many times i try to forget about him and move on, i just look back to our break up. was it really necessary for me to end it? maybe i should've tried to be his friend.

questions and questions, ones that will never be answered. maybe i just miss the idea of having another person or the idea of loving someone again. not again, i still love finn, and i always will. it's just not the same kind of love i had for him when i was thirteen and obsessed over him.

lydia started to stir on the couch for a while until she finally let out a long groan. she sits up, her hair going out in every direction. "morning", she says with a groggy voice.

"goodmorning," i say back.

"let's go somewhere today," she says, already pestering me.

"how can you drink and party all night and still want to go out the next morning?"

"because i'm batshit crazy, y/n," she states like it's a known fact.

i roll my eyes and slide on a denim skirt and a soft green tee shirt. lydia had somehow already gotten ready and was rushing me out the door. i stumbled out trying to put my filas on without falling.

🍂

we arrive at a small coffee shop that we had walked to, as it was placed only a few blocks from my house. an aroma of dark roasted coffee surrounded us pulling me further in. there was a few people in line so we rushed to get in it before the people that walked in behind us beat us too it. while we were standing and waiting patiently, a girl with dark brown curly hair turned around and smiled at us.

"hi," she says "i'm kai. i'm new in town and i really need some new friends."

lydia and me smile and introduce our self to the dark complected girl. she was beautiful, she had dark chocolate eyes that complimented her long luscious lashes that brushed her defined cheek bones when she blinked. she had a rounded nose and plump lips that were tinted a dark maroon. kai wore a purple dress that hugged her figure all the way down to her upper thigh.

"where are you from," lydia asks her sweetly.

"i'm from jamaica, my family moved here just a few months back." she tells us, an accent laced in her voice.

"that's cool! wanna sit with us?," a new found confidence in me asked.

kai accepted my request and we sat at a small round table after we received our coffees. we got to small talking and we learned that kai was seventeen, she had her own youtube, and she was planning on going to film school.

"my sister wanted to go to a concert tonight to meet some new people," she tells us, "my daddy can fetch you guys a ticket, yeah?"

i was almost tempted to tell her i was busy, but lydia gave me a look that even the gods would be scared of.

"we would love to!" she tells kai.

after agreeing we all plan on meeting here and walking down to the arena the concert was placed at. kai said she didn't remember the name of the band, but they played "oldie" sounding rock music.

lydia walked home and excitedly planned out outfits. lydia absolutely insisted on getting me ready, the whole entire way. eventually i gave in and let her scrummage through my closet.

eventually she gave up and moved to her side of the closet and picked me out a see through white shirt and a black brallette tucked into a denim skirt and held together with a black belt. she held my hair back with a scrunched and did my eyebrows, applied some mascara, and smeared on some lip gloss.

lydia wore a long ac/dc tee and checkered vans that suited her long now straightened red hair.

🛣

we arrived at the concert and it was completely crowded, there were no seats so we had to push our way to the front of the pit. kai's sister, jada, looked almost identical to kai except jada's hair was in thick braids and she was slightly taller.

"guess what," kai exclaimed.

"what?" lydia asks.

"there's supposed to be this after party and the people from the band are supposed to be there!" she tells us.

"oh my god awesome! we have to go," she tells me with pleading puppy dog eyes.

i oblige quickly as the light begin to get darker. a familiar sound starts playing and my heart sinks in my chest. the lights shine on the stage and there stands the one person i thought i'd never see again.

finn wolfhard.