three

time changes things. people, places, once beloved objects will turn into rust. as i stood here though, i realized time hadn't changed the way my heart  raced looking at finn. i put a hand on my throbbing heart, as if i was trying to slow it down.

my vision was blurry with tears and i found it hard not to let one fall; it was so overwhelming seeing him. the boy i once knew was now here standing in front of me as a man.

there was nothing else around me, just finn. my heart was beating so fast and loud , as if it was trying to get his attention.

"y/n" lydia says. her auburn locks were stuck to her dampened forehead, and music was still playing around us. "are you okay?" she asks with worried expressions.

instead of replying i pushed my way through the crowd and headed towards the bathrooms.

i entered and stared at myself in the mirror. i don't deserve to be acting like this. i'm the one that ended things. i roll my eyes at myself and look at the ground, my hands wresting on each side of the sink.

although, i look back up, he's the one that was a complete shit boyfriend. i don't care how famous you are you can't expect a relationship to keep going if you don't even talk.

lydia walks in with worry in her eyes, ending the argument in my head. "hey girl.." she begins.

"i'm fine." i stop her. it's not like he would even recognize me or act like this anyway. we're from two different galaxies, this is how things are supposed to be. i put a fake smile on my face that lydia could easily see through.

"how about we go and grab some pizza and just chill at my place?" she asks? i take notice of her furrowed eyebrows and the frown line creased in her make up that was beginning to look rubbish.

i sigh and nod my head, signaling a positive answer. i could not be here a second longer before i started like, crying or something, i don't even know.

"it's intermission so the crowd should probably be smaller now," she tells me turning to open the door.

we walk out and head towards the front doors when i hear a voice that makes me freeze in place.

"y/n, is that you?"