six

elio was great company for a person like me. i didn't like to talk and elio only liked to talk, it was perfect. he told me about himself some more and also asked me a few questions about my childhood and future plans.

"so you're graduating with no idea what you're doing?" he asks bluntly, uninformed that that was the biggest thing on my mind all the time.

i roll my eyes, "yes, i still have time, i mean i'm only seventeen."

elio shrugs in agreement and changes the subject to his dog brutus. he went on about him for about five minutes until he said something surprising, something i hadn't heard in years. "you know, you're like really pretty. and it's weird you're all quiet and stuff cuz' pretty girls usually aren't."

a small smile forms on my lips, "thanks, i think?" i say while looking down.

"it was a compliment don't worry. anyway, what are you doing here at eleven o'clock at night by yourself anyway?"

for some reason, i trusted elio. he was the first person in a long time i've connected with, and not felt completely shy around. so without thinking you tell him how you ended up here tonight.

"that's kind of like, crazy. i mean you dated finn wolfhard and now he's come back to like haunt you again or something like that. and your friend seems pretty rude to me, all up on your ex like that! who even does that? definitely not me i can tell you that. unless she's like really pretty, but i wouldn't do that to you at least."

i laugh at his reaction. he's not wrong about lydia, she is pretty rude. she knows how much i've struggled after that and she did the one thing i thought she wouldn't. obviously it's more than just a friendship because she would've told me by now, right?

the bell on the door of the cafe rings, signaling an entry. elio and i turn to look and see lydia walking in with finn right behind her. i guess the shows over.

"elio, we need to escape before i freak out, not freak out probably cry and embarrass myself. how do i still cry over my childhood boyfriend? that's pathetic" i say, not really meaning to say the last part aloud.

"y/n, listen up. we're not gonna leave you're going to have to fight, not like mortal combat fight, but like i don't know, mentally fight! if you cry you're a pussy, don't be a pussy,okay?" he whispers back to me.

i suppress a giggle and nod my head in agreement.

"okay, we're gonna be the cool people walking out of this okay? they'll probably cry more than you do because of how sick we're gonna look."

"how do you think you're gonna manage to make me look cool elio, please inform me because i'd really love to know."

"trust the process miss girl. just go along with whatever i say no matter what, okay?" he says.

"okay," i comply.

lydia finally notices me and runs to my table, "oh my god, y/n, me and finn have been looking for you everywhere! why did you run off?" she asks, almost sounding annoyed, which makes no sense because i should be the annoyed one.

i look at elio, not knowing what to say, but elio seemingly did because he stood up from the table.

"she came to meet me here, duh," he says. when he stands up, he's much taller than i expected. even taller than finn, who was a pretty tall guy.

"and who are you?", lydia says flirtatiously. i roll my eyes and i can hear finn sigh behind her. i look at him, his eyes focused on elio, i couldn't read his expression very well though.

"i'm y/n's boyfriend."