Prolougue

Izuku Midoriya was never treated right growing up. A world full of superpowers and he was part of the unlucky bunch who never got theirs.

In this world, about a few generations ago, a baby was born somewhere in China that could glow as bright as a LED Bulb. This led to a new generation with genetic mutations to later take the name of "Quirks".

80% of the world's population ended up consisting of those with quirks while the other 20% did not. As time moved on they discovered that normally quirks develop at the age of four on average.

And that there are two types of quirks. There's the Emitter type, the more common typing. Where the power has to be activated by its user. Then there's the Mutant type, one that normally manifests at birth and is seemingly always in effect without need of thought by the user.

Izuku Midoriya has none of these.

In time what was once thought to only exist in the world of fiction and comic books now became a reality. Super villains began to appear on the streets causing much trouble, with super vigilantes following after and later after a period of adjustment would become legalized pro-heroes.

Izuku Midoriya couldn't become any of these.

"I'm sorry kid, it's not gonna happen" the doctor says.

Izuku always wanted to become a hero. It was his dream to save lives and help people. He had hoped and prayed that he would get a quirk, a quirk that could allowed him to become what he always wanted; a hero. A hero as great as his idol All Might, the world's ranked number 1 professional hero, or maybe a hero even greater than All Might.

He had everything going for him. His genetics had a great mixture that could promise amazing powers, his mother could attract objects with her mind while his seemingly absent father could supposedly breath fire. Not to mention the percentage chance.

But of course life decides to be a bitch and shit on the best of us. On that faithful day his hopes and dreams came crashing down.

Him and his mother, Inko Midoriya, went home from the doctor's appointment; a supposed day of excitement and happiness turned day of sorrow, regret, and gloom.

The small family of two arrived back at their apartment with Izuku immediately fleeting to his room to keep to himself. He needed to be alone for a while.

For the rest of the day his mother began bringing food into his room, leaving the dish by his bed before leaving him to his solitude, only to check back with a new plate of food to see the previous one untouched.

She decided to console her son finally. She walked to her son, who was seated on his computer chair staring at his PC monitor, with tears dripping from his eyes watching his favorite video on loop; All Might at his greatest saving some one million people from a devastating catastrophe. Inko was heartbroken at the sight.

"He so cool" young Izuku says in a shaky voice. "I want to be just like him."

Inko's heart tightens.

"Can I?" He asked, hoping for something anything that could change the circumstances.

"Can I be like him too?" Izuku asks, with a broken look of sadness on his face, despite showing a smile.

His poor mother's heart couldn't take it. She broke down and hugged her son in tears.

"I'm sorry Izuku!" She exclaims in between sobs.

"I really wish things could be different! I'm sorry!"

'No mom. That wasn't what I wanted you to say.'