Chapter 7

Fawnpaw awakens still next to Owlpaw. She looks over at her littermate and notices that he is awake.

"Hey, Owlpaw, how's everything?" Fawnpaw asks him, still feeling worried about him. Being rude to him has made Fawnpaw feel bad that she could've lost him.

"The pain feels a little better, but I'm really worried about my training. I'm going to have to not train until I'm completely healed." Owlpaw meows.

"That's not good. We will miss you in our training sessions." Fawnpaw replies.

"Fawnpaw, are you feeling okay?" Owlpaw asks the dark brown tabby, looking over at her.

"Yeah. Why?" Fawnpaw replies, tilting her head a little.

"You're being oddly nice. Are you sick?" Owlpaw responds, looking genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine. I'm just worried about you. I feel bad about how I've treated you. Even though I am rude to you and the others, I still care for you and them." Fawnpaw meows.

"That's surprising, but thank you." Owlpaw replies with a purr.

"Don't get used to it." Fawnpaw meows with a purr of amusement. That is when Cloudheart pads into the medicine cat den.

"Hey, Cloudheart." Owlpaw meows. "What happened at the gathering last night?" He asks the older medicine cat.

"The only interesting thing that happened is that RiverClan literally begged for cats to leave their own clans to join RiverClan." Cloudheart replies, looking at the herb supply.

"They what?" Fawnpaw replies. "That's honestly so stupid. We can't they just have more kits?" She asks.

"I have no clue, but I do now that their number of cats is very low. With leaf-bare coming closer and closer, I think they're worried about the clan's future." Cloudheart meows, grabbing a herb in her jaws.

"That actually makes some sense." Owlpaw responds.

"Ha! Fish-eater!" Fawnpaw immediately meows, teasing Owlpaw a little.

"Geez, I'm not going to join RiverClan. I just think their motive makes sense." Owlpaw replies.

"If you say so..." Fawnpaw replies. "I think that's really frog-brained. They should just have more kits. That would fix the issue." She meows.

"What if none of the cats are willing to have kits?" Owlpaw asks Fawnpaw.

"Well, they don't have any other choice. There's no way a cat would ditch their clan to join RiverClan. They need to stay loyal." Fawnpaw replies.

"Knowing how many cats are in the five clans, there has to be at least one cat that's thinking about joining RiverClan to support them." Owlpaw meows.

"You." Fawnpaw replies with a purr of amusement.

"Like I said before, I'm not thinking about joining RiverClan." Owlpaw responds, flattening his ears.

"Maybe Sagepool can join RiverClan. We all saw her swim to save you. She's really good. But, she's a medicine cat, not a warrior." Fawnpaw meows.

"I wouldn't be surprised. She did get some warrior training." Owlpaw replies.

"You two, can stop talking for a second?" Cloudheart meows, interrupting their discussion.

"Sorry." Owlpaw apologizes.

"Owlpaw," Cloudheart meows, putting an unknown seed in front of him. "This is a poppy seed, the only one I have left. You chew it up and it will ease your pain. It will also make you sleepy though, so you will probably fall asleep after chewing it up." She meows.

"Thank you, Cloudheart." Owlpaw meows. He picks the seed up in his mouth and chews it up.

"Fawnpaw, it would probably be a good idea for you to get back to your apprentice duties. Thornpelt probably wants to see you." Cloudheart suggests with a purr.

"Okay." Fawnpaw meows, getting up. She then exits the medicine cat den. When she walks out, she is immediately greeted by her other littermates.

"How is Owlpaw?" Amberpaw immediately asks.

"He seems to be doing better." Fawnpaw replies. "He's still himself but he has a broken leg, which means he won't be able to train with us until it's fully healed." She meows.

"I've always found it funny that out of all five of Ivyleaf and Frostpath's kits that he's the only tom." Cinderpaw blurts out of the blue.

"Yeah.. that is pretty odd. He's surrounded by she-cats all the time." Ravenpaw meows.

"No wonder he's a softie." Fawnpaw responds. "Are we going to be training together today?" Fawnpaw asks the other apprentices curiously.

"I don't think so. I think we will just training separately today. Also, I'm supposed to be grabbing moss for the elders so... I'll talk to all of you later!" Cinderpaw meows and dashes off.

"Are you hungry, Fawnpaw?" Amberpaw asks the dark brown tabby. She's always been the type to make sure all of her littermates are doing well.

"No." Fawnpaw replies. However, her belly growls, showing otherwise.

"Yep, you're hungry. Do you want to share a squirrel with us?" Amberpaw asks Fawnpaw.

"Sure, I guess." Fawnpaw replies.

"Good! Let's go then." Amberpaw replies. Then, the three young apprentices walk over to the fresh-kill pile together, grab a squirrel, and share it.