Chapter 2

Jane's POV

I had a great time with colonel james. I can't lie. But, the fact that Maura is so suspicious of him makes me wonder, am I too trusting? Of course not. I'm detective rizzoli isles. I hunt down murderers for a living. Still... Stop it Jane! Maura just doesn't trust guys since she's been cheated on by jack. Poor Maura. She really loved him.

All this was going on in my head at three am. I was about to fall asleep, when my phone rang. Another body, another possible homicide. I love my job, but sometimes, I wish murderers could just NOT kill people in the middle of the night. I mean, a cop's for to get her sleep too! Anyway, there I was at the crime scene, when I came over to the body.

Maura was already there, her mouth open, with a look of disbelief in her eyes.

At first, I thought someone we knew died. But then, I looked over at it.

It couldn't be.

The body.

It looked like her.

After the initial shock, Maura and I recovered and she managed to "hypothesize" the cause and time of death. She doesn't like to determine the actual cause of death until the autopsy. Her "hypothesis" was that the woman had died of a single bullet shot through her chest around midnight. After searching the area, we managed to find a wallet and ID card. I couldn't believe the Vic's name.

Annalise isles.

Did Maura have a sister I didn't know about? Is she hiding something from me? But when I showed her the ID, she was even more astonished than me.

"How could this be? What does this mean?"

Maura was almost never confused. She was a genius. But today, she was perplexed.

"It means you have a sister Maura."

I didn't know what other relation she could be. Maybe a cousin? But I was pretty sure that with all that resemblance, a cousin wouldn't cut it. I couldn't believe Maura had a sister! One she didn't even know about! Then again, up until recently, Maura didn't know her biological mother. I felt so sorry for her. To find out you have a sister, only when she turns up dead. I knew this was going to be a hard case for doctor isles.