Chapter 10

"So I'm sure you're all wondering the same thing. Am I really one of BTS' soulmate? Or am I just some random girl? And if I am a soulmate, whose?"

I paused as I looked at the comments. To my surprise, people were actually liking the fact that I was live. The comments were coming in fast and the views were slowly increasing. It's almost like a soulmate to a celebrity was a rarity. Then again, maybe in kpop it was.

Straightening back out again, I smiled at the camera. "Yes, I'm soulmates with someone in BTS."

As soon as the sentence left my mouth, the comments sped upward, showing how fast people were reacting. The hearts floated across the side of my screen and a slight grin formed on my face. They actually liked me.

Even if they didn't, oh well. I'm here for the long run.

Just as I was about to open my mouth, Bee squealed loudly. "(Y/n) guess who just entered your live? Jungkook!"

"Seriously?" Leaning over, I grabbed my phone. "Oh my God, he really is watching and the fans are going crazy." I watched my view count jump up to 70k and almost dropped my phone in shock. Ten thousand more people showed up just because of him. Holy cannoli....

"Hey Jungkook!" I waved and set my phone back down. "So you guys, actually Jungkook is not my soulmate. I've never even talked to him. Heck he only follows me because my soulmate used his account. Let me start from the beginning."

As I began to talk and joke around with all the fans, I realised it was fun to have people actually listen to what I say. They were really interested in my story, which was surprising. Twitter did not seem this welcoming. I went on talking for about an hour, reading comments and responding, filling in holes in stories. I never once said who my soulmate was though. 

It was nerve wracking to actually say his name to several thousand people and expose him as my soulmate. Could I do it?

I didn't even let the thought cross my mind as I looked back at the comments. The more people who joined the live, the more hate I started to see. The hate didn't bother me, I could just kick them out or block them or whatever. Easy peasy.

Right?

It was almost time to end the live, but not before I one last thing. 

"I know you guys have been waiting for the name of my soulmate. I finally built the courage to tell you. Trust me, I'm scared. I don't know how you all will react. Hell, I don't know how he'll react. I just know that I want this information to be known. You guys already know that I cried earlier because I felt like I was dragging his image down. I know better than anyone that words affect people. I'll try not to let comments like those get to me. But it's hard when, from what I've seen, the man you lov-"

I stopped short and furrowed my brows. 

"The man you are so... intertwined with, already isn't as appreciated as he should be. So from here on out I promise to be his number one fan and number one cheerleader. I promise," I licked my lips and briefly stuck my tongue in my cheek. Now or never (y/n). "I promise to be Namjoon's fan, cheerleader, hype man, whatever, until the end. I promise to be there for him, because I know how to love myself and I think he needs help in that department."

As soon as his name left my mouth, the comments were in a frenzy. Girls kept asking have we met yet and if we've gone on a date. It was anxiety inducing seeing so many girls wanting to know the details of your life. Details you didn't even have figured out yet.

A laugh escaped my lips. "I literally told you guys everything. I didn't leave anything out. Well I did leave one thing out. We'll be going to one of their concerts. I'll let you guys know which one when the dates get closer. But no, we haven't met in person at all. We've never even called." 

A few seconds later, I saw that Jungkook said something. "Check your dm's," I read aloud. What?

Why would Jungkook send me something?

"That's not Jungkook." I looked over at Bee in confusion.

"What do you mean that's not Jungkook?"

She sighed and rolled to her back. "According to the fans, Jungkook is not the best at English. He got a 3 on the exam." 

I rolled my eyes. Most exams were out of 5 or 6 when it came to scoring like that. "3 out of 5 is not bad."

"No (y/n). 3 out of 100." 

My mouth formed an O as I tried not to laugh. "Well, it's been awhile since his school days I think. Maybe he's improved?"

"Read the comments."

Turning back to my phone, I tried not to laugh at the comments. Geez these girls are high key savages. Certain comments caught my eye and I let out a snort. 

Yoongixmewmew: If Jungkook knows enough English to know what dm means why can't he remember movie names 🤔?

AgustDtonguetech: *scores a 3 out of 100* 'check your dm's'😭😭

BlueprinceJin: dang y'all doing him dirty 😂

That's facts.

I decided to cut off my livestream before I completely lost it on camera. "Before the roasting gets to be too much. I'm going to leave now. Bye you guys, I'll keep you all updated okay? Bye!" 

With one last final wave, I ended the livestream and closed out of Instagram completely. 

Bee jumped up and looked at me. "What are you doing, open up Instagram again you idiot. Check that dm," she grabbed my phone and unlocked it with her thumbprint. What was the whole point of yelling at me if she could just do it herself?

She opened up my messages and looked for his name. She smiled brightly when she found it, causing me to look over her shoulder. I was curious as to what he had sent now and also nervous as to if it was really him texting. 

Looking her shoulder though, I realised she was right. It wasn't Jungkook who had text me. It was Namjoon. 

It was a number with a message saying to call him in a couple of hours. 

Call him?

Me?

So I can have a heart attack and die over his voice?

I think yes!

But I don't have an international plan...

"We need to go to (phone carrier) right now." I grabbed Bee's hand and dragged her downstairs where our parents were waiting. I stopped on the last step and looked as our parents stood in front of us.

My mom had her phone open to Instagram. "We watched, no need to explain." 

"What did he send you?" My dad looked as if he didn't want to know but still asked anyway. As any father I'm sure he didn't want me to be hurt.

"Namjoon. It was Namjoon. He sent his number saying he wants to call later. So I need to get an international plan." My mom gasped in excitement. Her eyes full of an unknown emotion. 

I brushed past them and left them with their mouths agape. As I rushed out the door, I turned back to them. 

"You'll meet him eventually don't worry."

I decided to finish and post this today because so much has happened.

For one, I GOT FIRST PLACE IN SOLO NAMJOON WITH THE GOLDEN ROYAL AWARDS AGHFSHNH

Second, to celebrate (belated) Yoongi day! 💖💖

Third, celebrating TXT debut oof (although cute concept isn't my fave for boys or girl groups) cat & dog is a bop okay 👌 

Fourth, 10k reads WHATTTTT LIKE OML CAN I MARRY ALL OF MY READERS HOLY CRAP!

FIFTH, JUST AN UPDATE AND GENERAL LOVE FOR BTS ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU KNOW JIN AND MILITARY AND OKAY IMA STOP 

💖Academicdork