Chapter 12

Grace's POV:

"I'm back...!" Maleficient sings. Everyone looks frightened, I look over and see Blaise hugging Belle protectively.

"Go away mother." Mal says. Maleficent laughs at her.

"She's funny. She's very funny." She says laughing. "Here, wand me. Chop chop." Mal acts as if to give it to her.

"No!" Ben yells from the sidelines, but Mal throws it towards Fairy Godmother.

"Bibbidi-Bobbidi-" Fairy Godmother begins, swirling the wand around.

"Boo!" Mom mocks, using her sceptre to freeze everyone except herself and us VKs. She walks to Beast, messing with his glasses, then to the Fairy Godmother, stealing her wand- also commenting about her nose hair. She then turns to us. "Where shall we begin? Oh, I know. How about we begin by getting rid of this." She points the wand towards Mal and Ben's ring flies on to the end. Mal looks at her finger sadly. "Perfect fit!" Mom laughs. She then messes with Ben's crown.

"Falling in love is weak and ridiculous. It's not what you want." mom comments. While she is talking I look to my finger, glad that Blaise's ring is still there.

"You don't know what I want. Mom, have you ever once asked me what I want? I'm not you." Mal replies, tears in her eyes.

"Well, obviously. I've had years and years and years and years of practice being evil. You'll get there." Mom replies.

"No, I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself. Love is not weak or ridiculous, it's actually really amazing." Mal responds, she looks to me during this speech and I give her a smile of motivation. Maleficent notices this, and she glares at me.

"I know one thing, young lady, you have no room for love in your life," she says pointing the wand at Mal, she turns to me, "And you, I guess your father was telling the truth when he said you were a disappointment. I believe that you have been having a negative impact on my daughter." She smirks at me and points the wand at me, I feel the magic hit me and it swirls around me. I suddenly feel strange, and then it happens. I'm thrown off my feet and into one of the pillars. My vision blurs as I hear snippets of conversations. I attempt to get up, but I just feel a rush of dizziness.

Mal's POV:

"I know one thing, young lady, you have no room for love in your life," she says pointing the wand at me, she then turns to Grace, I watch in fear, "And you, I guess your father was telling the truth when he said you were a disappointment. I believe that you have been having a negative impact on my daughter." She smirks at Grace and points the wand at her, I watch as green magic, rather than gold (like when the Fairy Godmother used it), exits the end of the wand and swirls around Grace. I can't see anything happening until Grace is suddenly flung backwards into one of the pillars. She falls against it, and I can see the pain on her face.

"GRACE!" My friends and I call. She doesn't answer, just puts her hand to her head. I turn to see mum smirking.

"And now I command wand to my hand!" I shout, holding out my hand. I'm shocked when the wand is surrounded by gold magic and it comes to my hand. "It worked!" I yell in victory.

"I hardly think so, this is tedious and very immature." mom says pacing, "Give me the wand!" mom declares.

"Hold on, Mal." Carlos speaks up beside me, "Maybe good really is more powerful." Mum laughs.

"Oh please, you're killing me." mum laughs then barks like a dog, Dude comes running at her. "Ewww the breath. the breath." mum comments, as Dude climbs on her, mum and puts him on the ground. Jay takes the distraction and grabs mum's sceptre in an attempt to take it, mum watches him. "Gaston, should be jealous." she comments, squeezing Jay's muscles. She then flicks Jay in the head, sending him back and he lands on the floor.