Prologue.

September 6, 1995

Jay

"Welcome, Mrs. Tomlinson. What seems to be the problem?" The doctor asks, looking at little Lou in my arms. I left the other two from the triplet out because Mark had off and offered to watch them while I payed a visit.

"I don't know, he's been sick for a while now and hasn't gotten better or worse and I think something is wrong. Yes, I know I can be one of those paranoid mother's that worry twenty-four/seven but I really think that something is wrong." I have to force myself to stop talking. The strawberry blonde doctor - Dr. Jones - nods taking down notes on what I just said, or that's what I think.

"Okay, well lets take a look at Lewis, is it?" She reaches for my little boy but at the sight of her hands reaching for him, he shrinks further into me. I pry him off and sit Louis on the paper covered table.

"It's actually pronounced Lou-ee, Doctor." Taking the corrections, she writes that on his sheet. "Hi, Louis. I am Dr. Jones, can I listen to your heart?" My little boy moves closer to me, making the paper underneath him crinkel. "Okay, do you want to listen to my heart first, then can I listen to yours?" At this he nods, slowly moving towards the doctor. She sticks the earbuds into his ears and moves the diaphram to where her heart is. I love how his pale blue eyes, due to the state he's in, widen at the sound of Dr. Jones's heart. "My turn?" Louis nods his head and pulls the earbuds out of his ears and gives them to the woman. She listens for a minute, moving it around making Louis flinch at the coldness. "His heart sounds okay but I think I'd like to check some other things. Has there been lack of appitite lately? Fainting?"

"Both actually, and when he was playing with a neighborhood kid, he passed out as soon as he started." I pause, remembering when Lucas and Louis were playing in the back yard, running to the two boys as the younger of the two watched, horrified, as the other fainted. "This has been happening for a couple weeks now, and it's been getting worse."

"Okay, I am afraid to say this but your son might have something close to cancer but it's not cancer."

A year later. (Louis)

"Remember Lou give this to your teacher, okay?" I nod as mommy hands me the paper. I turn to follow the lady to my room, seeing that the teacher is smiling at me. When I walk up to her I give her the paper Mommy said to give to her.

"My mommy said to give this to you." I say, my blue eyes looking at the teacher. "What's your name?"

"I'm Ms. Katarina. What's your name?" I grin wildly.

"'m Louis!"

"Okay, Louis can you sit next to that boy?" She is pointing at this boy, he looks scared. I turn back to her and nod.

"Hi!" I say when I get to the boy, "'m Louis! What's your name?" I give the boy a big bear hug.

"I'm Liam. Why did you do that?" His eyes are wide and I shake my head.

"You looked scared and mommy always said to make people happy. And giving people hugs makes me happy and I thought it would make you happy."

"Thanks, Louis!" Liam smiles. "Hey, that's Zayn, he's my friend!" a boy with really short hair walks to Liam and smiles.

"Hi Li!" That boy - Zayn - yells to Liam. "Hi, what's your name?" The boy asks turning to me.

"I'm Louis!" I say, with a smile then out of no where the world becomes a black cloud in my vision. I feel tired and then I fall.