Chapter 3

Wind pushing my hair, I like that but not today. I was more scared than ever and Abbigal made me feel less scared.

"Are you okay", asks Ruben.

Seriously. How can he ask me that right now while middle of the purge night. I'm about to scream but my mom teached me better not to scream.

"Do you think I'm okay?"

"Ok sor-ry"

"I'm sorry Ruben, I'm just really freakin scared. I don't...... Know what they are going to do with us. Are they going to sell us or are they going to kill is in a different place?", I ask

I look at the sky and see all the pretty stars that shine brighter than the brightest diamond. This may be the last time I see the world. I try to imagine the world how it was before this crap even started. I swear the President can do something but the government decided this. They have never felt this pain.

The purger in the middle keeps staring. I wonder if he is going to enjoy watching me die. I glare back at him for a moment, barely moving my head a few inches. Sick people. What has God created? We stop at a gas station. Why did we stop here?

The purgers get off the car and break into the gas station. As the first window smashes the alarms go off. Not the purge ones bit the gas station ones. They get in and come out with about 10 gallons of gas.

"Why do you need gas? What are you going to do with it?", I ask the purger. No response comes out of his mouth. I ignore him because I don't like being ignored. I never liked it. Ruben ignored me once and I literally screamed at him.

Why does it matter know. I look over to Abbigal and she looks a bit dehydrated.

"Excuse Ms. Abbigal, are you feeling okay. I mean you look dehydrated."

"Thanks sweetie, I am dehydrated"

"Hey!", I shout to the purgers. None of them even glare at me.

"Hey! Can I have some water?" Still no response. I'm going to loose it now.

"Are you fucking serious. Can I have at least some water before I die for God sake!!" They listen and go inside and come out with two water bottles.

He hands then to me and I hand them to Abbigal. When I look back, I see a gun pointed to my forehead. Panic runs through my veins and into my cells. I can't. Ruben notices and steps in front of me.

"What are you doing?", I ask in a casual voice.

"I'm protecting you"

I look over and see the purger still pointing the gun at Ruben and pulls the trigger and I am ready to scream.