Encounter

Wendy's POV

"Hey Carla, don't you think it's time we took a different quest other than escort missions?"

"Why? It's easy to complete, not too dangerous, and the pay is good too. "

"I know, but it just feels like I'm not doing my best when I'm taking those kinds of missions. Just like Natsu and the others, I've also gotten a lot stronger than before. "

"Okey,  I get your point. Let's go and look for a quest then."

"I know your not gonna agree bu... Wait,  what did you say?"

"I said let's go look for a quest."

"Your not against it?"

"I am, but I know how much you take your training seriously and since I'm always beside you, I know better than anyone else how much you've become stronger. "

"That's why, even if I am a bit concerned, I know you'll be able to manage even without my help. "

"Carla"

"Of course I am going with you"

*giggle* "I know, thanks for believing in me Carla. "

"Of course, now let's hurry and find a quest. "

After choosing a quest and having Mira confirm the details, the two then set off to the Village of Lyre.

Getting of the train and entering the village, they were able to meet their employer which was also the village chief.

"Are you the wizard who accepted our job request?"

"Yes, my name is Wendy Marvell. I'm a wizard of Fairy tail."

"My name is Carla, I'm Wendy's guardian"

"It's a pleasure to meet both of you. My name is Ilfa, the chief of this village. Would you like to come inside my home to discuss the details of your quest?"

"We'd be glad too. "

After discussing the details with Ilfa, we found out that the bandits have made the forest,  east of the village,  their base. Ilfa said that the bandits were just normal humans so they won't pose much of a threat against a wizard. But even so,  we decided we would attack during the night,  as Dragon slayers have better senses than other humans, and we would have the element of surprise

"Wendy can you hear anything?"

"I'm starting to hear some voices in front of us. From what I hear, there's about ten of them. "

Walking a bit further, we were able to see a campfire with ten to fifteen people surrounding it. All of them are wearing hoods so I can't see their faces.

"Carla, I'm going to attack, step back a bit. "

"Okay"

"Sky Dragon Ro...!"

Just as I was going to release my roar, a fireball suddenly closed in. I was able to dodge but now all of them knew my position.

"Wendy stay focused! Their not normal humans, their wizards!"

It's true, all of them were using magic. Ilfa said that they were just normal humans,  did he lie? No, this isn't the time for these kinds of thoughts, I'm outnumbered and I need to find a way to...!

"Ahhh Wendy!"

"Noo Carla!!"

As I was having pointless thoughts, they were able to capture Carla and took her hostage

"Let go of Carla now!"

"Oh, what if I don't want to little missy,  hahaha"

"If you don't let her go now I'm going to use my... "

"Use your magic? Come on and try then! We have a perfectly good cat shield right here! Hahaha. "

"Wendy! Don't worry about me, use your magic! I'll be fine. "

"But if I do, I might hit"

"I said don't worry about me! Trust me"

...

I hesitated, but I'll believe in Carla's words,  just like how she believed in me

"Sky Dragon!"

"Wait, hold your magic"

As I was going to activate my magic, a voice entered my head telling me to hold it. At that moment, someone appeared behind the bandit holding Carla and knocked him out. Carla was able to fly away and then

"Do it now!"

"Sky Dragon Wing slash!"

At the mysterious man's signal, I released my magic on the bandits. It wasn't able to  take them out as they blocked it with their own magic, but it gave us time to regroup.

"Now it's my turn"

The mysterious man which helped Carla escape, suddenly spoke.

Wondering what he was going to do, my eyes instinctively moved towards his direction. But to my surprise, he dashed towards the bandits at blistering speed and started taking them down one by one. As I kept on watching, I became mesmerized by the way he moved. Five seconds past after he took on the bandits, and all of them were now on the ground.

Realizing that the fight was over, I snapped back to reality and looked at Carla

"Carla are you okay? Are you hurt? We're you able to get away in time?

"Calm down Wendy, as you can see I'm fine. I'm not hurt. "

"I see. " *sigh* Wendy sighed in relief

"I'm glad your ok"

After confirming each other's well being, they redirected their eyes to the man who saved them

The man seemed to notice my stare and started staring at me as well.