Knowing

Senji's POV

I was a bit surprised when she asked me if she could help in looking for the core. I clearly said that I didn't come to save her, so she doesn't owe me anything. But when I looked at her eyes, I saw an innocent girl who just wanted to help.

So in the end, I agreed to her offer. She did have a point when she said it would take too much time if I was the only one searching.

"Senji, what does this stone look like?"

"For starters, it's not a stone. It's the core of a Death Wyvern."

"A Death Wyvern!? Isn't that the beast that rules the northern mountains!?"

"Well... Yeah, it was. It was pretty strong too. Can't remember how many times I almost died trying to fight it."

"They say that it's a decendant of drago- wait, fight it!? You were fighting it!?"

"Well yeah, it was a quest I took."

"Wow, you must be a pretty strong wizard. Well, I guess that was already obvious considering how you took down all these dark wizards alone."

"About that."

"Hm?"

"The thing I did wasn't really special, as most of these guys already had their magic depleted."

"Already depleted?"

"It was hard to see from your position, but when you released your attack, all of them had to use almost all of their magic to block it."

"I was about to say this earlier when I saw you crying but, when your friend started talking to you, I decided that it was no longer needed."

"That's... I see."

She looked down, I don't know if I'm correct but I think I saw her smiling.

She then looked up and yep, I was right, she is smiling. It was a beautiful smile too.

"How about you Senji, when you attacked them, how were you able to move so fast?"

"I applied magic to my feet so I can move faster."

"Is your magic a speed type?"

"No, it's Wind magic."

"Wow! So your also a wind mage!"

"I'm not that special, compared to you who's a Sky Dragon Slayer."

"How di- oh right, my attack from earlier."

"Yeah. Anyway we shou-

"How long are you two planning to talk huh?"

We turned around and saw an angry cat glaring at us.

"While you two were talking, I already finished checking these guys, and I didn't see anything that resembled a core."

"I see, thanks for your help, both of you. I can take from here."

"But we haven't found what your looking for."

"Don't worry, I think I know where it is."

"Where?"

"At Lyre village, most probably. If I'm correct, it should be with Ilfa."

"Ilfa? You mean the village chief?"

"That guys was a member of a dark guild. After their guild was raided by the magic council, he escaped and ended up here, still continuing his deeds."

"The core is probably with him, along with other things they stole from their past victims."

"Are you going to attack?"

"Yeah"

"Won't there be more dark wizards there?"

"Probably, I've heard they've made the village their base."

...

She stayed silent for a while. I decided to say goodbye to them and head for Lyre Village but

"Wendy, Carla, thanks for your help. It was nice meeting both of you. Take care no-"

"I'm going with you."

"What?"

"I'm going with you to help."

"Do you even know what your saying?"

"I do"

"Then you shou-"

"I can't forgive them for the things that their doing. A lot of wizards are trying their best to earn for a living. Sure, not all wizards are strong. But that doesn't mean that they can target the weak ones who are trying their best to do their jobs."

...

We were staring at each other for a minute now but no words are being spoken. I decided to turn to Carla for this one.

"Hey Carla, why don't you tell Wendy here how irrational she's being."

"There's no use. Once she's decided on something, even I find it hard to convince her."

"Haaah."*sigh*

I turn back to Wendy and face her

"I won't be responsible for anything that happens to you."

"I know. This is a decision I made myself."

I saw the determination she had in her eyes, I could tell that she's serious about this.

"Final warning, are the both of you sure that your going through with this?"

"I am."

"I'll go to wherever Wendy is."

...

*Sigh* "Okay then, Let's go."