Kabanata 45

A/N: Keep smiling, minasan! :)

KABANATA 45

What Ren said at the vineyard made me realize things. Although it didn't change how I perceived about the truth of Rekka's death or the fact that I regretted the decision I made on that night with every inch of my soul, it, somehow gave me a bit of courage to gradually accept the reality of it. And though it still scared me to bits, I've decided not to run away anymore and face them head on. I was a coward before and I wanted to change that starting right now...

"What in the deepest pit of hell are you doing here? Hmmm?" Greeted Kira in his usual Kyuudou attire, a bow in one hand and that freakish smile on his face.

"Good morning to you as well, Kira. My, you're looking mighty fine today! From the looks of it, I'd say you're National tournament ready!" Eksahirada kong tugon sa kanya nang may malapad ding ngiti sa aking mukha, though I really meant every compliment.

Hindi siya sumagot at nanatili lang ang mapaglinlang niyang ngisi habang nakatayo kami sa labas ng kanilang dojo.

"Quit the nonsense, Witch, and just answer the question. How'd you get in anyway?"

Ngumuso ako at pagak na nilingon iyong isang pader. Masuwerte nga ako at walang mga guwardiya noong inakyat ko iyon para makapasok.

"Seriously? Nag-iisip ka ba? Paano kung nahulog ka roon at napilayan?"

Lalo akong napanguso sa narinig, pinipigilang mangiti sa naririnig na concern galing sa kanya. Marahas siyang tumikhim.

"I mean, pag-aalahanin mo lang si Yuujin kung may nangyari sa iyong masama. Why didn't you ring the doorbell instead?"

Sandali kong nilingon iyong nakasarang gate bago siya muling binalingan.

"Papapasukin ba ako kung saka-sakali?"

Ipinilig niya sa kabilang banda ang kanyang ulo at mataman akong tiningnan nang hindi nawawala ang ngisi sa kanyang mga labi. There was no need for a confirmation. We both knew the obvious answer to that question.

"Back to my question, then, Witch. You've already wasted so much of my practice time yet you haven't given me an answer. Shall I call security and throw you out instead? Hmm?"

"Where can I find Ana?"

Sandaling nawala ang kanyang ngisi nang banggitin ko ang pangalan na iyon.

"And what made you think I know the answer to that? Anong akala mo sa akin, lost and found section? Go home, Witch, and stop wasting my time!"

"Please, Kira, I need to know. I know she's currently staying at your house—"

"At sino namang nagsabi sa iyo?"

"Someone reliable informed me..."

I got the information last night from Miyu. I told her what happened between me and Ana. I still couldn't explain to her the other things about me. I was thankful she didn't press me about them and just listened. In turn, she told me she met Ana on their viewing deck during the Sinulog parade. It was there that she learned where Ana was staying. I already had a haunch when I saw the Kurozawa ninjas with her and Kyo's appearance towards the end of our meeting. What Miyu told me only confirmed this for me.

"Well then, tell that someone to mind her own business if she knows what's good for her. Now, move along," he waved his free hand and was about to turn away when I held on to his sleeve.