Mikey the Elf

• Dedicated to to my wonderful brother ;)

A/N: I wrote this quite literally of the top of my head to annoy my brother last November. He stars in this story ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time there was an elf called Mikey, who lived in a tree, in the tree trunk.

Mikey had a pet squirrel that migrated from England, and he fed it wheat, nuts and oats every morning, lunch, and night. The squirrel liked Mikey, too.

One day a cat with pink eyes was slinking through the wood in which he lived, which was the pet of a witch. The witch lived in a tree house, and made potions and cast spells.

Mikey the elf saw the witch’s pet cat, and decided to pat it. “Hey! Puss, puss, come here, I want to pat you!” he called, running after it.

Now, the witch was trying to come up with a spell to make money grow on trees. Mikey the elf was running under the tree house, chasing the cat, which was strangely running like a chook.

Just then, the witch finished inventing the spell, and said these magic words:

Hibblty Gibblty,

Make money grow,

On trees and plants all around,

Gold coins they will show.”  

Mikey the elf was really interested at hearing those peculiar words.

Suddenly, thunder and lightning struck the forest wood, a n d  t h e  w h o l e 

f o r e s t  t u r n e d  p i n k.

“What’s happened to the trees?” Mikey the elf wondered, looking all around.

There were pink leaves here, pink leaves there, pink leaves on every plant! So he decided to pick some for his mother.

In the distance, Mikey the elf heard a tinkling sound, and he raced towards it.

He finally found the source of the noise, which was a piano! Little mice were jumping up and down on the keys, playing a lovely little tune.

The piano was marked “Witch’s piano”.

“Oh no!” he said, “Not that mad witch again?”

“What?” said one of the mice, “There are no witches around here!”

“Oh, but I just meant that the piano belonged to the witch!” Mikey the elf replied.

“This one belongs to a good witch, called the Green Witch.”

“Oh no!” Mikey said, “A green witch?”

“No, I said it was a good witch,” said the mouse.

 “Oh, that’s good, then!” sighed Mikey the elf in relief, “Why is the forest wood pink?”

“The Pink Witch turned it pink,” said the mouse, “but the Green Witch will turn the forest wood back to its normal green.”

“Oh, that’s why she’s the Green Witch! She turns things green again!” exclaimed Mike the elf, “But where is she?”

“She lives in the big rabbit hole over there.” said the mouse, pointing with his paw.

“O.K., see you!” said Mikey the elf, and ran away to the big hole in the ground a few metres away.

“Green Witch, Green Witch, could you help me?” He shouted town the hole, “Please?” he added into the silence.