Run Girl Run

The names Elizabeth,
But not for the next couple of months, it's gonna be Alexander Maverson.

When I turned 17 my brother had been 20 and shipped off to war leaving me with our single mother, or as I like to call, Satan's own personal angle. Example, When I was 14 I told my mom that I wanted a therapist, that was my first time I was in a insane asylum, got out 3 months later only to be sent back 3 weeks after my 15th birthday.

Both times I escaped and camped out in my best friend, Lauren, backyard till it was safe to come out of hiding.

With my brother leaving for war, my mother pounced on me again as if I was some ANIMAL and she hadn't eaten in days, on the drive down to the asylum she told me that she was making sure my brain was still strong and if I could escape again then she'll leave me alone. As if this was just on big jigsaw puzzle for me to figure out.

While I was there I meet soldiers that would tell me about their experiences and how the lived through that time. One in particular, Jeff Dunham, was a man who went in to war with both his eye and left with neither. He became blind while attacking the enemy and after losing his sight he stayed and learned how to fight without his eyes. That man has taught me everything he knows about fighting blind and in the dark. And with that information I plan to win this war.

After escaping I continued to live with Lauren. A year later we're both 18 my brother was supposed to be 21 when I got a letter saying that he died. I was devastated and went through a mild state of depression. We both attended his funeral and I lived with my mother after that for 2 months which brings us to where I am now.

Me running through the woods in my backyard to get to Lauren's new apartment, that I couldn't remember where it was for the life of me.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck,fuck, FUCK!" I yelled as I ran through the dark only to stop at a fork in the road.

"Okay, breath in, 'n out." I said as I closed my eyes and placed my hand in front of me.( something Dunham taught me)

"Okay, left it is." I said to no one in particular after I felt the wind hit my hand and go in the left direction.

"Come on, come on, come on! THINK LIZ!" I said as I walked down the road.

"PINE STREET!!!! That's what it is!" I said stopping in my tracks for a split second.

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘗𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘢𝘳𝘥." She could hear he friend say in her head.

After what felt like hours but was only 15 minutes she made her way to the front door.

"Okay, key, key, key. She said it was under... GOD UNDER WHAT!" I whisper yelled.

"The bird house, that's right the bird house we made together when we were 8!" I said remembering our conversation from earlier that week.

As I grabbed the key the front door opened and I kicked the poor girl in the doorway, oh wait, never mind it's just Lauren.

"Ow, you fucking bitch! That hurt."

"I'm gonna join the war."

"Okay then come inside and let's figure out what to do with your hair, boobs and, OH YA, vagina!"
She said as she opens the door more for me to enter.

"Cut my hair, never show my boobs, why would they see my vagina? And that's about it." I say as I plop down onto the floor in the middle of the hall way.

"You know the couch we spent 5 hours building last week is right behind you."

"So I was thinking we cut the hair today, buy what I need tomorrow and then I can sign the thing in 4 days." I say

"Why 4 days?" Rosemary asked.

"Cause THATS when the church opens again. Which is when the signing is happening."

"Okay that makes sense." Lauren said sitting in front of me on the floor.

"But why now, why go to war now?" She asked looking confused.

"Cause why not?" I respond which made us both smile about our memories from childhood where I would say fuck it and force Lauren to do the shit with me.

"Alright."
"Let's cut your hair" Lauren said getting up off of the floor and heading to the kitchen for a pair of scissors.

"So I was thinking short but not to to short so that it will look like I'm a girl when I get back" I yell out to Lauren as I get up from the ground and look in the body length mirror be side the front door.

I was wearing my light washed jeans with a navy blue sweater tucked in, along with some combat boots and a Pearl necklace that my brother gave me.

"I still can't believe you hate dresses." Lauren said leaning against her wall looking at me.

"I don't HATE dresses, they're just not my favourite thing in the world! Plus," I said looking at her through the mirror. She was wearing a red plaid pair of pants along with a white tank top and black house coat.

"Your one to talk." I said

"It's 3 FUCKING am woman!!!" She argues back.

I look back at my reflection and concentrate on my hair. It's a nice light brown colour that landed right below my ears, so it was already pretty short.

"Alright, lets cut off my hair and get this over with, shall we?" I ask turning around to look at Lauren.

"Let's do this."

;:;:;
Did you like it???
I think it's an okay start to the book that is if you ask me.

In Case You Forgot:

Rosemary is Lauren's nickname

Elizabeth is the main girls name whom changes her name to Alexander

Lauren doesn't go to war, only Elizabeth

Woman were not aloud to go to war to fight (in case you didn't know)

Alexander Marverson was Elizabeth's brother who die after he was shot in the leg and his heart couldn't carry on beating

Alexander Marverson had a heart problem