ACT IV CHAPTER XIX

Chapter XIX

We charged ahead, planting explosives on walls and houses, spreading out across the entire north side. Once the Giants started fighting back, we started detonating the bombs. Tess and I went on a separate mission, sneaking to the south and the west walls to bust them open. We planted a couple charges and regrouped. A large crowd had made it to Talon, and I saw her arm a couple of explosives and pull the trigger. I couldn't stop her, but i could make her death worth it. Most of the Giants around her were killed, Tess and I finished off the rest. We moved toward Gary's troops, and took out a few Giants that were going to ambush them. We cleared to a safe zone and blew the chaff. Almost the entire north side was obliterated, and all the Giants would soon be here. I blew the south charge, and more of our men went in. Gary chose to stay behind and 'take care of the Giants.' He strapped a bomb to his shoulder, and hooked it up to a deadman timer, meaning that if his heart stopped beating, it would detonate.the south side of the city started going up in plumes of black smoke with loud 'Bangs' as the other squad repeated what we did. A few minutes later we heard a series of gunshots from the north, lasting about a minute, and then a large explosion. Once the two squads regrouped by the west entrance, we blew that wall open and started rushing the whole town. Even after our losses, we still had over two hundred and twenty men. We pushed through, in a straight line, combing the town, killing any Giant we saw, until we found a large tower in the center of the city. We needed a show of force, so we surrounded the bottom in explosives, and kept moving. We had cleared about half the town, and we detonated the charges, and the tower sunk from the sky, being replaced by a gargantuan plume of black smoke. We kept going, using more explosives to tear up big buildings. We needed to show the Giants that we can't be screwed with. Once we cleared about three fourths of the town, we found the primary base. The leader of this segment was still inside, with a bunch of his men. We planted a wire on the door, and bombs all around the building. We moved on. If they open the door, then they're sealing their fate. We made it to the front gate, and cleared out the whole town. It seems our friends got too impatient, and the command base was destroyed.