Part 4 - Distraction

Arriving home, I get through the door and slam it shut behind me, anger still billowing throughout my body. The same events continue to plague through my head. This... Is my fault. If only I wasn't there. If only I was not determined to be there so much for Austin. How could I be so foolish? Actually, no. This is her fault. If she wasn't the way she is with me, she would not have any reason to stand, walk over and slap me like she did. I am not going to accept the fact that she does not like me as the reason to blame myself for what happened. After all, if I deem it necessary to defend myself with my fists, I can and I will.

Taking deep breaths, I start thinking about defending myself with my fists and the idea of boxing swirls into my head. It's not that bad of an idea and it would give me a distraction from the most definite loss of a friendship I just had. And also the state of loneliness that is beginning to sink in. Who knows what type of new faces I will be seeing?

Deciding to go down to the local boxing centre with the ideal of joining up, I see a familiar face.

An old friend of mine, Jack, is standing at the entrance and about to walk in. Yelling slightly after him to get his attention, I see his face light up as he realises who is talking to him. We start talking as we both walk into the centre together, both finding out why the other is there. I tell him about the sudden interest in deciding to join boxing. Leaving out the part of punching in Amelia's face, obviously. I don't want someone else walking out on me today.

"Hey, you know that I am a boxing coach these days?" He informs me. "A boxing coach for people who are actually good at it or people who are beginners like me?" I reply back, looking up at him, slightly confused. He points at me and chuckles slightly. "A coach for little fish beginners like you." I smile at him with an almost scornful look on my face.

It is then that I see him. Austin has just walked into the boxing centre by himself with some sort of upset tone about him. I instantly turn back to Jack to try and distract myself from the possible fight that may happen if he knows that I am here. I ask Jack if he can start training me, to which he agrees and starts leading me to a separate part of the centre. But, unfortunately, we have been spotted.

Austin starts walking up to us with the same tone as before. I pretend not to see him as I start preparing and warming up for training with Jack for the first time. He almost looks hurt that I am hanging around another man that is not him and something inside of me deflates slightly, like a balloon that has just had some helium released from it. But how I am feeling is not the point. The point is that one moment he is angry at me and the other, he is looking around for me, wanting to know where I am.

Starting to talk to Jack to not to concentrate on the one person that I love, I want any reason to not beg for his forgiveness. But forgiveness is not something he is looking for. At least, he isn't looking for me to ask for his forgiveness. His patience seems to have drawn thin since he taps me on the shoulder to get my attention. "Daisy?"

I turn to look at him, an eyebrow raised in slight annoyance. He meets my eye at this point and sorrow is painted over his face. Something seems rehearsed about the way he is standing there. Almost like he was hesitant to come in, practicing what he was going to say at the door. But I do not let that distract me from wanting to know the reasoning in why it is he is here. I look at him in the eyes and there's something there that seems right . Something... Different. Regret? No, regret is not something he'd feel about me. That is for sure. But there has to be a good enough emotion for him to come crawling back to me, like someone who was just caught cheating in a relationship or someone who broke their friend's property.

"I... I'm sorry... About the way I shouted at you back at the studio. Adam explained what happened. Amelia tried to deny the part about her slapping you for no reason but she agreed that she did it after several others confirmed what Adam said was true. I never thought that she would act like this. I'm so sorry... And also at yelling at you. I thought you punched her without a reason or for the fact that you don't like her."

He looks down at his feet as he instinctively placed his hands in his pockets. I know I shouldn't but I smile at him, melting on the inside like warmed up chocolate that was poured over strawberries. Knowing that I'd forgive him, I pulled him into a hug, smiling slightly.

Seconds later, Jack clears his voice behind us, gaining our attentions. "Are we gonna start training or not?" He looks down at me, bored by having to watch the whole event. Austin holds up his hands and backs up slightly, smirking and chuckling. He points one of his tattooed fingers at me. "I'll be seeing your short ass outside." He exclaims slightly.

So this was a long one. I thought I'd change up the whole presentation on how I put the chapter. Idk if I should continue with it tho. I may continue with it in future chapters