she was art in the form of a person

"She never looked nice. She looked like art and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something."

I made a mistake. A real big mistake. I wish I could say it was a misunderstanding. But how do you tell the love of your life that it was a mistake, a fallacy that she saw me laying in our bed with my arms around someone not her?

It's impossible, trust me, I tried. Believe it or not. I can remember it—all too well.

She was gorgeous, that woman in my bed. There was so much sexual tension in the air and I remember I couldn't move my hands from her curvy frame. Her soft and supple skin that felt so good moving under my hands. Her moans drove me crazy and her body only made it worse.

I kissed her on her mouth. On her body. Everywhere I could touch. My judgement cloudy with lust and desire.

Mm, she was actually a contractor that was coming in to see what we wanted to change in our house. My girlfriend had said she couldn't make it so it was up to me to be in charge.

"Hi, I'm Lisa."

"Dion," I offered, pulling open the door to let her in. My eyes unconsciously traveling up and down the curvy frame hiding under that tight, red dress. I wanted to touch her.

She could tell easily. Not like I was hiding it either. And before my eyes that professional smile she first had coming in transformed into the sultriest one that I've ever seen in any other woman. Damn, it looked good on her.

I led her into the living room. It was white and bare at the moment. But Jada and I had so many plans for it. "So for in here, the white paint is okay, but we want it redone. On the left side of the wall, Jada wanted a shelf installed where the fireplace used to be to cover up all that brown stain. I think that's it. For the kitchen—"

"Is your girlfriend not here?" she asked out of the blue, interrupting.

I glanced at the empty notepad she held in her hand and quirked an eyebrow amused. "Shouldn't you be writing down what I'm saying? You might forget."

"I'm not one who easily forgets or is forgotten." She smiled seductively. Her green eyes shining in suggestions I knew were all too wrong for me to be reading into.

Against better judgement I bit the bait she threw and scanned her lean body again. She looked hotter than the first time I looked. "I can definitely see why you aren't forgotten."

When she bit her bottom lip in sensual manner, she sent rounds of risqué thoughts running amok in my mind. The things I could do to that lips. "You still haven't answered my question."

"And what was that?"

"Your girlfriend. Is she coming?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." I smirked, teasing without meaning too. Turning into the kitchen to show the renovations I'd need in there. Mostly just to get put some space between us because for a second there, she was nearly chest-to-chest to me. Hot and tempting. And that was wrong on so many levels which would only lead to more predictable crimes.

"Is that a no?" I heard her sultry voice whisper behind me and then I felt her breasts pushing against my arm teasing me. Nearly moaned at the suggestive softness of it.

Without intending to, I answered in a daze, "Yes."

"Good," she hummed in delight and went around me. Her arms wrapped around my neck and next thing I knew, we were kissing. And without thinking twice my hands went to her hips and I lifted her up. Led her into the room and it was history from there.