0 - Chapter One

Miera was once alone.

For centuries she travelled the endless void between worlds in solitude. Divine power at her finger-tips, yet finding little inspiration. There was nothing. Only darkness.

That was until she met Khora.

Another lonely traveller of the void who lost their light, Khora too had lost inspiration. It was as if destiny drew them together with gravitational force. The known universes moved around them, time but a concept, as they reached out over the darkness to find one another.

With just one touch, it was as if the void filled with music and colour. Their bodies electric as they took each other's hand. And never again did they ever feel alone.

Together the two immortals danced in the darkness of the universe and gave it light and life as a token of their affection for one another. Khora created planets so Miera may have a place to call home. In return, Miera gave Khora a sun and stars so their life may always have light. Together they gave life to all the many plants and animals who lived on the planet's surface. They had so many children and their family grew and grew.

And thus began the Valnyr Galaxy.

It was not long after, Alamantra was born and my role as caretaker began.

Alamantra is a small planet, some may argue a celestial dwarf it's so small on the scale of things, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in spirit. You see, this planet is special, the energy that flows through it far more than just wind and gravity. It's aware. Not quite alive, but active and reactive.

This sentience they named the Manastream.

Fearing the planet would grow lonely, Miera gifted Alamantra ten of her children. In return the Manastream gave each of her children a blessing: strength, resilience, wisdom, bravery, mastery of elements. These gifts were given unto them and in time their own children, passing as they did from one generation to the next. They called these gifts artes.

It was my duty to watch over the children of Alamantra. And, for millennia, I did just that.

I watched as Kingdoms flourished and armies rose. I watched as famine spread and lives were lost. I saw generations pass and species perish.

Until, one day, I could watch no longer.

* * *