9

"Tommo, just be careful with me boxes, there are me frames and vinyls in it" Niall shouts when Louis almost drops two of the brown boxes on the way to Niall's new appartement that is not far away from their recording studio.

After months calling the guestroom in the Tomlinson's house his home he is ready to move out.
Emotional stable enough to finally have his own home again.

It's an ambiguous feeling though, on one side he's excited to be alone, be in charge of the tv programme, he's looking forward to the reruns of any golf tournaments that took place the last six months. He misses watching them as Louis absolutely loads golf, and who is he to argue with the one who let him live with.

There will space enough for his cousins to stay for a couple of days, another thing he missed, having his cousins around.
But with a new born in the house it would have been too much of a burden, and they can be handful sometimes.

On the other side he's already missing little Freddie, his six months old godson, who he felt in love with him when he held him in his arms for the first time.

When they have every suitcase, holdalls, dozens of boxes and baskets carried in Niall's new appartement on the fifth flor, and they are grateful that the five store house has an elevator, Louis leaves Niall to get the rest settled alone as he promised to visit his grandma together with EL and Freddie.
She was so overjoyed to get to see them again so he didn't have the heart to cancel their journey to Doncaster.

As Louis is ready to go, Niall steps forward and wraps his arms around the slightly taller man.

"Thank you Lou, for everything you did for me over the last months, I will never be able to make it up to you. If you need someone to watch Freddie, give me a call, so you and El may spend some allone time. Love him to bits, the little bugger. " Niall's voice is throaty, laced with emotions when he hugs Louis one last time before he pulls back reluctantly.

When their eyes meet he notices that he isn't the only one with tears in the corner of his eyes.

"Call me whenever you need me, promise? "

Louis is out of the door then and after Niall has close the front door he's alone, the first time since seven months he's on his own.

It doesn't take much time to get everything settled as Niall rented a furnished appartement, he and El bought some kitchen stuff two days before so that the kitchen is ready for him to use.

Niall makes himself a ham and cheese sandwich, grabs a Guinness can and walks into the living-room where his laptop is already placed on the little wooden coffee table.

He also puts the plate with his sandwich and the can on the table before he sits down on his couch.
It's a bit old fashioned like he mentioned to El so she bought a few cushions with different but matching patterns and a new soft blanket and Niall is more than content now.

Not that he has planned to stay here forever. It's a temporary home, decent enough for the start, nothing more and nothing less.

Maybe he will go back to Ireland one day, but he's undecided.

Too much that he wants to leave behind while there's too much he can't leave here.

One of his cousins who lives in Down-Under since ages suggested a new start in Brisbane, a tantalising idea that Niall has been thinking about for days, considering the pros and cons of a life on a different continent.
Australia means more sun, less cloudy sky, less rain but means also celebrating Christmas in bathing trunks, not the slightest chance on walking over snow covered paths on Christmas.
He likes it cold, loves to wear his warm Norwegian sweater when he goes out for a walk, his scarf and gloves and hot chocolate afterwards while he sits on a cushion near the open fireplace.
He would describe himself as a Christmas romantic not knowing wether this word even exist.

Zayn never shared his enthusiasm, never even tried to understand.
The more does Louis and Niall is pretty sure that Freddie will be celebrating his first Christmas dressed up as an elf.

No Australia will certainly not be an option.

Niall sighs, takes a sip of his beer and opens his laptop.
He might as well see if someone is online and have a chat instead of agonising over the future.

IrishClover93: Hi

Alison2012: Hi, you okay ?

IrishClover93: Just moved in me own flat...

Brianna911: That's great.. How are you now?

IrishClover93: feels good, shed a few tears with me best mate... but yeah feels really good

Fiona86: How long did you stay with your friend and his family?

IrishClover93: almost 7 months

EnglishCurls94: Hi

FreeKick89: Great to see you again
EnglishCurls94

EnglishCurls94: Oh..I thought I'm the
only one who is staying with a friend, with a friend and his boyfriend more precisely

IrishClover93: I couldn't function after I found out about me husband..I wouldn't have made it on my own.

Fiona86: never be ashamed of yourself EnglishCurls94, of you and the help you accepted. We all needed help and support at some point. Nobody can cope with a bad situation alone

EnglishCurls94: it was 7 months also that I found out about my husband but I'm not yet ready to live alone,

IrishClover93: I met this bunch of old sods here earlier.. Makes the difference. Soon you can move in your own flat as well.
I couldn't imagine feeling any better someday when I first joined this group. It was beyond my abilities to even think I could make it without me friends....

Alison2012: When everything came out with my husband I had to move in with my old parents, I'm the youngest child of six siblings and my father was nearly 70 and my mum 71.
We had to get it all together, wasn't funny. Let me say. I cried into my pillow every night, I hated being dependend again, felt like a loser to bunk with my old parents but after we had worked through our differences we got along pretty well.

EnglishCurls94: Must have been pretty challenging, Alison2012.
Living with my best friend was never a hardship. Sometimes a bit annoying when he kept pestering to get more help and lately that I should go out and mingle.

IrishClover93: Tommo was the same lately. Wanted a guys night out with some friends of a friend I don't even know. Guess he can't imagine that I'm happy alone now. Must learn to just live again now..

FreeKick89: You do well with that,
I couldn't stand being alone, wasn't used to be responsible for all the stuff, didn't even try. I jumped into the next relationship and it winded up being a catastrophe. A rebound romance is not a solution.

Fiona86: I met that man a few months after I found out that my friend was living a double life, even had a proper family with two children and a GERMAN shepherd in Cardiff .
A man like a dream, smart and funny, helpful and hot as ... Okay to cut to the chase I told him that I wasn't ready for a new relationship. wasn't fair to use him to forget. We have been just friends for almost one year until I was sure that I wanted him and not another body because I was just scared to be lonely.

EnglishCurls94: After two relationships that ended in a mess I don't see myself in a new relationship, not yet, maybe never. Maybe I'm not made for a happily ever after ...

IrishClover93: Don't even think that. It's not you, it was them.
Somewhere out there is your knight in shining armour waiting for you, EnglishCurls94.

After all I still believe that with the right person a happily ever after is possible. For you, for me, for everyone.

Any thoughts about the online chat group ?