Chapter 4.

WARNING ⚠️
This chapter is long and contains
Sexual Content, Violence & Music.
Please put
on your
*🎧*
Music by
A-M, Kiana Lede', Kodie Shane, T.K Kravitz
Drake, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Bryson Tiller, & Usher.
_______________________________________________
Meeka POV
Mr. Vaughn's
English Class
12:15 PM

Carl slouches down into his chair, but he still hasn't erased that smile off of his face.

I shrug it off.

I tap my pencil while watching Mr. Vaughn talk about the characters of Tony and Maria, about how they came from two different worlds and are opposite colors and about their love for each other.

West Side Story was always a movie I respected and could relate to.

It's basically like I'm learning about my parents and how they fell in love even though everyone was against it.

My own grandmother was angry that her only daughter married a black man, instead of "sticking to her own kind."

And then I grew up in a neighborhood where we were despised by the people who lived there because of our color.

I like how Tony put everything on the line for Maria, and her too, but in the end, he was killed believing the love of his life was murdered.

It really is heartbreaking to know you can be so in love with somebody and be surrounded by people who will try to destroy it all because they can't stand to see you happy.

After writing the opposing sides of Sharks and Jets, I write feverishly on the paper about my opinion on Maria and Tony.

The reason why I am taking my own sweet time on this paper is because Jasmine left to go see Mrs. Henry so I can't talk to her, and by now Mr. Vaughn is passing out from his what? 7th or 8th cup of Bourbon? And everyone is just goofing off.

I mean I could talk to Carl, but I can't help but giggle over his whole macho routine. He actually thinks that he can catch me alone and I won't get away.

He obviously doesn't know how I operate.
I could out run him in a milla second.

I wonder what he's doing over there because he's been really quiet next to me.

While I'm still writing, I take a glimpse of Carl from the corner of my eye.

He's just sitting there playing on his phone. Must be texting one of his thots.

Should I see who he's texting?

Eh, why not. It'll be fun to see who he is trying to impress.

He's got the same smirk on his face.
He probably got sent nudes, or something nasty.

I turn my left eye to where I can see his phone screen.
I lift my body up quietly and look.

He's on someone's IG page looking at bikini shots.

Suddenly he gets a text message and opens it up.

This time his smile gets a little bigger. I try to get a better look at what the message says.

As soon as I chuckle to myself, Carl starts to turn his head.