1.

astrid's p.o.v

i woke up to the pitter patter of rain on my window. i groaned as i rolled over, thinking that it was way too early to be up.

i glanced over at the clock.

11:33

'shit,' i thought. nellie and i were supposed to have a video up by noon.

i picked up my iphone and opened up twitter. 'guys, me n nellie wont have the vid up til later. shouldnt have stayed up reading. sorrrrryyyyyyy'

as i pressed enter to send the tweet, i got up to go and wake up nellie.

nellie lives with me. she has been my best friend since birth. literally. we used to live in a small town in missouri until we decided that after we graduate we would move to new york and travel.

we are basically sisters. we are totally polar opposites when it comes to looks, but when it comes to personality, we know each other better than the other one knows about themselves.

nellie is tall and slender. she has thick, curly blonde hair that goes a little past her mid back. she has blue grey eyes that literally change with the weather. since its raining today, they will be more of a grey.

i, the other hand, am short and average size for my height. i have wavy, purple hair that goes right above my butt. i have bright, hazel eyes.

as i get closer to nellie's room, i get an idea.

i hook up my phone to our stereo in the middle of our small flat. i move one of the speakers so that it is right beside her head.

'she looks so peaceful,' i thought. 'im gonna feel so bad...'

'nope,' i giggled as i turned the speaker up on full blast on some all time low song.

i dont think i have ever laughed so hard in my life.

she was so scared, she jumped up and started running away with the most terrified look on her face. after she realized that is was just me and that i turned on the stereo, she came sprinting after me.

'ASTRID ROSE IM GOING TO KILL YOU!' she screamed.

'NO YOUR NOT!' i hollered right back.

now let me be the first to tell you. in high school, we were both on the varsity volleyball and basketball team. but she ran track. and today, the odds were not in my favor.

i ran, giggling, into my room after i heard her footsteps right behind me. i stopped right in front of my bed because i knew what was happening next.

out of the blue, i feel something heavy jump onto my back and tackle me onto my bed.

'DONT TOUCH ME, IM STILL PURE,' i screamed as we both landed on my bed.

'BITCH, YOU NEVER WERE PURE, YOU ARE THE SPAWN OF SATAN. RUINING MY BEAUTY SLEEP AND SUCH,' she yelled in my ear. we fell into hysterical laughter.

'dude, look at the clock,' i say, as we settled down.

'shiiiiiiiiittttt, we were supposed to have that video up by noon.....' she explained.

'it's cool bro, i already tweeted,' i told her.

'ok, good, because now we have to get ready. now hurry up or i will feel bad!' she yelled in my face.

'jeez, your such an asswipe in the morning..' i say under my breath.

'HEY, I HEARD THAT,' she yelled as she sauntered out of the room.

giggling, i opened up my makeup bag and applied the basic stuff. foundation, concealer, powder. then i go on to my eye shadow and just apply black on the outer corner of my eyelids. i also apply some winged eyeliner and my usual mascara and go check on nellie.

'dude, are you almost done?' i ask her as i open her bedroom door.

'not even close,' she whines.

'well, im gonna change and go grab some coffee. want some?' i ask her, as i walk back into my room and look into my closet.

'hell yeah, who do you think i am?' she says. we are both so blunt with each other.

i chuckle at her response, and grab some clothes to wear. i grab my black high-waisted jeans and an old rolling stones muscle tee. i slip on my black vans and my grey beanie as i walked towards the door.

'ASTRID, DON'T FORGET MY COFFEE!' nellie screamed, right as i walked out the door.

i decided to just walk to the little old coffee shop right around the corner.

ever since me and nellie moved to new york, it was always my favorite place to go. it was always quiet and never busy.

i got there fairly quick since it was only about a block away from the flat.

as soon as i walked in i saw him.

he had some weird vibe come off of him. but i liked it. it made me want to know him.

we made eye contact, and he quickly looked away. i wasn't really paying attention when i accidentally walked into this mysterious stranger. it was after i walked into him that i realized, he was covered in tattoos and had a black lip ring. he had naturally tan looking skin and dark brown eyes.

'oh my gosh, im so sorry,' i say after i brush myself off. i look up to him and thats when i really noticed him. it looked like he was sculpted. he had a hard jaw line and sharp cheek bones.

'no, your fine, it was my fault,' he says quietly, barely audible with some accent. australian maybe?

'oh my gosh, let me buy you another coffee,' i say as i walk up to the counter as he follows. 'whats your name?' i comment.

'no, really its fine, i need to get out of here,' he says softly.

'c'mon, it's just a coffee,' i say. 'my name's astrid. you can call me ash for short,'

'my names calum,' he again says quietly. i guess he was going to let me buy him a coffee.

'what kind of coffee was that?' i ask him as i ordered me and nellie's.

'just regular black coffee,' he says, yet again, very softly. maybe he was just shy.

as i was waiting for our coffee's, out of the corner of my eye, i seen calum kind of twitching. he kept on swatting his hand in the hair, like you would at a fly.

'thank you,' i smiled as i got the three coffee's and went over to an empty table. calum followed and he was kind of hesitant to sit down.

'thank you for this,' he whispered.

'no problem! i walked into you anyways and i knocked it over,' i explained to him.

he just simply nodded and looked around nervously.

'i really need to go,' he says waving.

'but i was thinking maybe we could talk over our coffee?' i asked. honestly, i was sad this mysterious, attractive guy was leaving.

'then i will just give you my number and we can just meet up some other time? today just isn't really a good day,' he explained, kind of hesitantly.

'oh yeah, of course!' i said a little too eagerly as he was writing down his number on a stained coffee napkin.

'here,' he said handing me the little napkin and practically sprinting away.

i watched as he ran down the busy street. he was different. i could just tell from the few words he had spoken. and i wanted to know him.