11

King Pov

Damn, just bcuz i think a girl is real pretty, she had an easy life. I was dead wrong. "Never knew you went thru that". "Not something you discuss on a regular basis, so easy to think people had it easy bcuz of their looks". Bri said. We finished up our lunch , the waitress came and asked if we wanted any dessert. We both shook our head "No . . .just bring the check"

 Waitress clears the table and walks away. "You enjoyed your lunch ?" "Yea it was good , i can cook just like this" Bri smiles while sipping her rasberry ice tea. "you know how to cook?" says shocked. " of course i do , why you sound shocked?" Bri said "Most young girls can't cook". "I'm not like most girls, if your gonna compare me, maybe i should just leave". Bri stands up. "Chill , I'm just playing so hostile"

Bryanna Pov

"Lunch was surprisingly nice, I enjoyed your company". "sounds like you tryna get rid of me?" King said. "only if you don't act right". sips my drink "well i better make sure I'm good". King said "mhmm, whatever" Waitress comes and asks if they want any dessert. She was cute and i was surprised King didn't flirt. So used to people flirting with other people, sad thing its right in front of me. We both looked at each other and shook our head "no we're good " King said not even looking at the girl, instead she's looking straight at me. "just bring the check" King said before she walked off. "how was the food?'' King asked. "it was good , i can cook just like this.'' sipping my tea . '' You know how to cook?'' King asked shocked. ''  of course i do , why you sound shocked.'' ''most girls cant cook'' King said '' I'm not most girls , if your gonna compare me , maybe i should just leave.'' goes to stand up. king stops me ''chill im just playing, so hostile.'' king said. ''sometimes you have to be , hide your heart and feelings.'' ''well hope you don't hide it too much . . .'' King said '' why's that?'' ''Tryna get to know you'' King said. The waitress came back with the check and sat it on the table.

Narrator Pov

They both reached for the check. Even though King ased Bri out , she felt like paying. King moved Bri's hand from the check. And put a $50 bill in it and told the waitress to keep the change. King told Bri she can pay for the next one. In king's mind that wasn't happening. Men always pay ( in this case a stud). They both walked out the cafe and king walked Bri to her car. Now they can change the name in their phones to boo and future. King leaned in for a kiss , but was quickly curved. Maybe next time she'll get a kiss. . .  we'll see.