Chapter 14: Next Steps

"...So that's what happened." Abdullah concluded his story, "And we were able to avoid public eyes until we arrived back at the Princess Tower, Ma Shaa Allah."
Ophelia nodded her head, "I see. Still, you could have figured turning left meant you were gonna end up in the female section..."
"Yeah..." Abdullah embarrassingly scratched the back of his head, "I totally disregarded the sense of direction...but then again at least there was no one for the most part."
"That would have been bad if they saw you guys, and you haven't even spent one day out of jail." She giggled, "Already causing trouble, I need to keep my eyes on you." She tapped her finger on his nose playfully.
He smiled and then looked back at Ciela.
"It is intriguing though." Ophelia continued, "I've never seen Ciela so relaxed before in the time I've known her."
"Really?" He asked, "Does she always work?"
"Yes and no. But when she's not helping me in the palace, she's either training or doing something productive. Even as kids, she'd be the last one to sleep, but the first one to wake up. Timely and consistent with a schedule, she's never seen not doing something. And even when I do wake up and see her, she's sleeping like a log. Very stiff and never relaxed. That is, until today when you were washing her back."
Ophelia then looked over at Ciela who turned to her side making herself comfortable.
"She looks like she could sleep for days. I've never seen that before."
"Where do you think it came from? I find it hard to believe I'm the cause of this." Abdullah speculated.
"It's hard to say, but since you've arrived, Ciela has been speaking more."
"You don't say..." Abdullah thought about earlier in the day when he sparred with her brother, and even times before that when he was in jail and she said some comforting words to him.
"But who knows, you know?" Ophelia dismissed, "I don't wanna read too much into it without at least knowing what she felt."
"Yeah. True. It might be something totally different, but we won't know until she wakes up."
"I'm positive she'll wake up on her own terms, In Shaa Allah. In time for dinner hopefully."

Abdullah nodded and then looked back at Ciela with a concerned face.
"It reminds me." Ophelia started again, "I need to talk with you about something."
"What is it?" He replied giving her his attention.
"I've said this before, but seeing that you'll be readying yourself for the tournament, I'm gonna have Ciela stay with you. This includes she'll be sleeping in your room."
Abdullah flinched, "Wait, sleeping here...with me? But why?"
"I think it's best if she's with you so that you both can grow in power together."
"Yeah I could learn a thing or two about assassination arts."
"Yup! You'd kinda be like me. She's taught me some things in my free time."
"Oh yeah?" Abdullah's face lit up with curiosity, "That sounds incredible, you're very resourceful, Ophelia."
She grinned at the ground, "Yeah, well anyway I'd like to thank you again for stepping up with my tournament offer."
"I'd rather be your Champion than your father's...but I'll do my best representing you in the tournament."

Touching the young Princess's heart warmed her that she mildly teared up and threw her arms around Abdullah's neck collapsing on him. The unsuspecting gesture made Abdullah lay on his back on the couch while Ophelia cradled his head happily. Abdullah blushed and had several thoughts running through his mind as her endowed bosom pressed against his masculine build.
Abdullah gulped and allowed her to finish her display of affection before sitting back up.
"S-Sorry, Abdullah..." She apologized with a cherry red face comparable to his as well, "I've wanted to do that since you said you'd do me this favor. It's just that...you really don't know how much of a break this is for me. I'm so over having these other men try to woo me while they train. It's very suffocating!"
"O-Oh?" He replied fluffing his straight white hair, "That must be exhausting."
"It is...no matter how many times I tell my parents that I don't want to participate, they go and include me in that anyway."
They were quiet for a moment as Ophelia took the time to choose her words as Abdullah listened, "But this time is different." She smiled softly, "You're a genuine man, Abdullah son of Arn. I'm honored to have you as my Champion."
"It's my pleasure, Ophelia." Abdullah slightly bowed his head.