thirty-one ☆ it's time

narrator's pov:

"i hate that we have to go to some school on a saturday,"  chloe whined, taking a sip from her apple juice, "i officially hate the science fair."

"oh my gosh, daniel loves apple juice too!" lake remarked.

"of course you would know that," stella laughed, "when are you guys going to get together?"

"actually," lake started, "daniel told me he has a big surprise for me on valentine's day."

"psssh, valentine's day isn't for another two months," sadie scoffed.

"but, the science fair is this weekend!" chloe declared, overly enthusiastic.

"why are you excited for the science fair?" stella asked.

"i don't know, but our school always wins the science fair," chloe mentioned.

"is it just me, but did you guys kind of forget about the rivalry between us and eastford?" sadie inquired.

everyone nodded.

"i think ever since we made more eastford friends, we forgot about us supposed to be hating them," stella agreed.

"well, they're still competition, but we can make an exception for violet and the boys," chloe laughed.

the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over.

"alright, we'd better get to class," sadie declared, picking up her things.

a few days later...

-

chloe 🥳:
are u at the
science fair?

zach 🔥:
yeah i'm
standing
with daniel

chloe 🥳:
okkk

-

chloe walked around with lake, searching for zach and daniel.

"is it just me but are you freezing?" chloe asked, shivering.

the two girls bumped into zach and daniel, who were standing by their project.

"i'm not that cold," zach joined in.

he gave chloe his varsity jacket.

"thanks," chloe replied, putting it on.

"whoa, you guys actually did the work," lake remarked, checking out their project.

"what's your experiment about?" chloe asked.

"we made a volcano," zach declared, high-fiving daniel.

"you guys seriously picked the most basic idea," lake laughed.

the four continued to talk, until they were all pulled apart.

"what are you doing talking to those eastford morons?" a girl from westford asked chloe and lake.

"well, they're our—" chloe started.

"save it. come on, chloe and lake, you don't need to be hanging around with those idiots," the girl scoffed.

as the girl escorted chloe and lake back to the westford side, chloe turned around and mouthed sorry to zach and daniel.

-

"the first place award goes to..." the announcer started, "westford!"

all the westford students jumped up and down, since they had won the science fair another year in a row.

after the awards ceremony was over, everyone headed to get refreshments.

"hey, nice work," zach complimented.

"thanks," chloe said.

"uh, i n-need to tell you s-something," zach stuttered.

"okay, what is it?" chloe asked.

"i l-like," zach started.

it's time tell her how you feel, zach thought.

"i-i like those cookies over there. we should get some," zach said.

gosh, why didn't i just say it?, zach thought.

"okay, if you insist," chloe laughed.

as zach and chloe were getting food, myta and josh pulled him to the side.

i wonder what they could be talking about, chloe thought.

as zach was talking to his parents, chloe saw his smile fade, and his mouth drop. when zach walked back, chloe was extremely confused.

"hey, what was that about?" chloe asked.

"um, it was n-nothing," zach stammered, "i gotta go. i'll see you around."

without even hugging her, zach left.

...