Paparazzi

The Good Food Restaurant was only five minutes away by car, so Alix decided to get lunch there again. She quickly parked her car about a block away, ensuring that she could think some more about the serial killer before she started eating.

About three paces away from Good Food, she stopped, terror in her heart. Good Food was right next to a toy store. That alone didn't scare Alix, but she was scared of what was the first thing she saw in the store. A Petitcollin doll stared back at her, the glassy small eyes seeming to scrutinize Alix. The doll's small mouth seemed to be suppressing something. Her short, straw-colored hair looked realistic, but it was realistic to the point where it looked like someone had pulled out someone else's hair and super glued it to the doll's head. Alix had had a fear of dolls since she was 10 when she had gone to her British friend's house to watch Doll Graveyard. She had been too scared to even look at dolls for months afterward.

Now, she took a deep breath, then continued onward. The bell rang when she stepped into the restaurant. Claudian was wiping a table when he looked up and grinned when he saw who opened the door.

"Alix! Welcome back! I'm honored that you'd choose Good Food again!" His smile quickly dropped when he saw the weary look in her eyes.

"What happened?" He asked. Alix opened her mouth, then looked around to see almost all of the other people staring at her, some even taking pictures. Claudian looked around too, then he nodded, and dragged her into a deserted room.

"Thank you."

"The dreaded paparazzi, eh?" He smiled at her. She smiled back.