C H 8

I sat in Five's room, as he showed me the glass eye he had found while he was in the future.

"So, you are telling me, that who ever has this eye now, could have the started the apoctyliptic future that you were in?" I am sitting on Five's bed, trying to make sure I'm grasping what he is saying.

"Yes, and if we find and kill this person, the apocalypse is kept from ever happening." Five is pacing, back and forth, holding the eye that we are discussing.

He had told me how the future he had been stuck in was a wasteland, with everyone dead, including all of Reginald's 'kids' and me. When  he had first said that he saw my body in the rubble with everyone else, he had kept a close eye on me, most likely worried I would lash out, maybe cry. I hadn't done anything of the sort, I was just kind of numb to that part. I know one day I will die; what's the difference if my death is today, next week, or years away?

"Okay, so we go to the facility that made or will make that eye, and figure out who the hell the eye belongs to," I state the obvious. Five rolls his eyes, "No shit."

"Don't get snappy, I'm probably the only one insane enough to help you; you know other than Klaus."

>>>>>>

Five and I stand in front of Meritech Prosthetics, the company that made the glass eye for the person who causes the Apocalypse. Five is clutching the glass eye like his life depends on it.

"You okay?" I question, standing next to Five, who stares up at the building like it holds all the answers, which it kind of does. "I know this has a lot of meaning to you, what with the end of the world linking back to this."

Five looks away from the building, and back to me, "Yeah, I'll be fine. C'mon we don't have time to loose." 'You were the one that had stopped to stare at the building, but that's none of my business', I think dully in response to what Five had said.

We walk in, both me and Five inspecting the building. "Who should we talk to?"

"I have no idea," he says, still inspecting every crevice of the room as if something will pop out to attack him. "And here I thought you knew everything, Mr. 'I'm from the Future, you must respect me.'"

He scoffs at my teasing, and walks up to the elevator, looking at the list that held all of the floor numbers and their specialties. I look through the list and quickly see what we are looking for. "There, Ocular Prosthetics, Level 4."

Five hits the elevator button, and we enter the elevator. I look at the close together, four walls and put my hands around my waist. I don't like this, not at all. It brought back too many bad times in that small, dark box.

"Claustrophobic?", Five asks, most likely noticing my discomfort with the small space. He didn't sound like he was judging me, he sounded interested,with a hint of what I thought was concern.

"Yeah," I mumble. Luckily, the chime of the elevator saves me from having to explain anymore. The door opens, revealing a main center and a receptionist behind the desk.

We walk out of the elevator and to the desk, Five looks at the receptionists, "We need to talk to the main doctor in charge of Ocular Prosthetics here." The receptionist looks flabbergasted. Not often would a teen just roll in and demand to see someone.

" We found a prosthetic eye, and we were concerned that someone could of came around to look for it. We just wanted to talk to the doctor, and see if we could help in figuring out who the eye belongs to," I explain in a nicer tone then Five had bared, my voice sweet as honey as I spoke to the young receptionist. I had fiddled with my hands, casting my eyes down to make it seem like I am nervous of her response.