8

Prom was coming up fast. It isn't really as exciting as it should be when you're nottruly in a relationship. True by now we were getting attached. At least I was. I'd put so much effort into making him more popular and attractive than the oridinal shade that passed through the hall in a quiet hurry to his next class. I knew I was setting him up basically to pass him to another girl. With my style influence and his improved physic from sports, he was turning into a pretty nice catch. When this all came together, it made for a very painful scenario. Truthfully, this hurt my heart more than anything else in my life ever had.

Why did he have to talk to me the way he did? Why was he always acting the way he did? We were friends. You can't do a girls heart that way. We listen to what you say and fall on every word. We wonder what every little moment means. I started this, I know I did. I wasn't in control at all anymore. I was at his call now, looking for him constantly in school so happy when I would just catch a glimps of him. It was so much more than I could take. I couldn't handle this anymore.

It all came with a knock at the door. Mom was already at work. I wasn't expecting anyone at all. I opened the door and there he was. He wasn't supposed to be there, but he was. We didn't plan this night, yet here he stood. He rushed in and gave me a huge hug. He said he had something real important he wanted to talk to me about, but first he needed the bathroom.

My heart fluttered, my head was a mess. I was already in my shirt and panties for the night. I had been thinking about asking him if he wanted to be a real couple all day. While he was in the bathroom, I went ahead and got ready on the couch for a nice surprise. It seemed like forever I at there with my back side in the air. Finally, he came out of the bathroom. He came up and tapped me on the back. He told me he wasn't here for that. He wasn't in the mood right now and he just wanted to talk. So I sat there bare naked and listened as he told me how he asked Her to the prom and she said yes. He wanted to know if he came over this weekend if I'd teach him how to dance.

Her, again, what the hell was it with her? I was floored. What was it with him? You have a beautiful girl right in front of you that wants you, that needs you. I was naked for pete's sake. All he could think of was that little nerdy bookworm? I guess the only thing he read was the shock on my face. I had to keep it together somehow. This was the agreement, but the hell with agreements. Couldn't he see what he had already? Didn't what we build mean anything?

What could I do? Iwas in complete system shut down. I just shook my head slightly trying to keepmy mouth from falling open again. I said sure it was no problem. He gave meanother huge hug and left. I don't know if you've ever faced such a drastic outrightrejection or not but it is murder. I don't know why it hurt so much. When hewalked out, I went and laid on the couch srying forever. I screamed into thecushions until I couldn't breath. It felt like someone punched a hole straight throughmy chest. I felt like someone reached up and pulled my heart right out of myass. I felt hollow, alone, and just this empty pain hurting through my corespreading through everything. It was as if I were completely devoid ofeverything. I felt so rejected I didn't even know what to do. It was like hereI finally wanted him. I needed him, completely. He wasn't even interested in meanymore. He wanted some almost flat chested twig freak. I woke up just in timefor him to give up on me.