CHAPTER ONE

The morning sun rose over the high rise buildings and vintage wooden houses; shining on the already anticipating bodies growing hot by the density of their fellow citizens, on the wide St. Peter's Street. Mothers held their tired, innocent children against their chests, while a group of men crowded around a small old radioshack radio, standing strong untop of a solid concrete block. The street was crowded with many tired, but excitied patrotic supporters.

In the never ending silence of an early morning tension, these individuals patiently await the results from the election, and declaration of their new leader. Everyone, moms, aunts, children, fathers, are here in their numbers for the moment of great reveal.

These citizens are exhausted, excitied and very worried. Exhausted because of their sleepless, eye draining night of standing on the hard gravel street; with their numb bodies ready to give residence to the ground below them. Excitied, for the announcement of their new leader. Worried, about who might have great control over their country, land, economy, them, as a people.

With an atmosphere soaked in thick temporary tension; anticipation and fright blew though the air like a strong breeze, going unoticed by naive eyes. Hope, slowly seeping through, cracking the paranoia clouding the streets like a distant fuzzy fog. Fuzzy like the future right before them, it's there but cannot be seen.

Everything and every moving body stopped; strained eyes quickly fluttered open and the resilent old radio seemed to go dead. The figure, this figure, on the stage was the reason for their aching tired backs, blood shot eyes and numb feet. This lonesome lanky body was the reason and only reason they had not returned to their houses the night before. Eyes shone with excitement, and anticipation. Mouths closed shut, to the nervous tongue which held so much power, along with fright. Impatience grew rapidly and shrunk, as the tongue released its awaited breath.

Thank you all for reading the short descriptive piece. I hope you enjoyed it. This something that I having been meaning to post for quite a while, so hope you liked it. Notifications will be given for any future postings.