this feeling's hard to ignore, please say you'll never get bored

"This feeling's hard to ignore
Please say you'll never get bored
Can you blame me for wanting a little bit more?
A little more of you
A little more, a little more of you"

—-

It was still Tuesday; the same day Camila had "come out" to her parents.

The sun had already set when Dinah called her, asking if she wanted to hang out and have microwaved ramen together for dinner. Camila accepted her offer, but Dinah noticed that something seemed a little off with her.

So, like the obnoxious (amazing) friend that Dinah is, when she arrived at Camila's room with two foam cups of microwaveable ramen noodles in hand, she pestered Camila to tell her what was wrong.

Camila stuffed a plastic forkful of noodles passed her lips, and covered her mouth as she spoke, "Well...I came out to my parents earlier."

"It didn't go well?" Dinah asked, swaying back and forth in Camila's desk chair.

"No, it did," Camila shook her head, "I had bad anxiety for like, an hour. And I knew that you and Normani were in your classes, so I-um...I texted Lauren, and she came over to calm me down."

Dinah's brows bounced up, a teasing smile taking part on her lips, "Calm you down?"

Camila's cheeks flushed, and she brushed some hair away from her neck as her face heated up, telling herself that it was only the steam from her ramen that made the temperature in the room rise a billion degrees; nothing else.

"No, CheeChee. It wasn't like that," she looked down to busy herself by prodding at the clump of noodles inside of the foam cup. "She was being really sweet to me."

"Aw, that's cute, Walz," Dinah cooed, rolling over in the desk chair to teasingly poke Camila's knee with the back end of her plastic fork. Then, remembering that Camila sounded upset over the phone, she asked, "Wait, so...what's wrong? What happened?"

"Well, I don't even know," the brunette sighed, her body slumping a little. "But she got a phone call and, then she just...left. It sounds selfish and stupid, but I like, just cried my ass off in front of her, and she knew that I was having really bad anxiety, and then she just like, left, you know? And I texted her a little thank you message and she hasn't responded."

(Camila😍 Thank you for staying to comfort me :) I really needed somebody to be there with me and I'm glad that it was you ❤️)

She finished her ramble with a stressed huff, "I don't know, it's just...what if it was too much?"

"What do you mean by that?" Dinah's brows furrowed together, concern lacing her voice.

"Like, I don't know, we've only been...talking for four days," Camila shrugged, sighing with a breath as she continued to mindlessly poke at the noodles inside the cup. Her voice cracked, despite her best efforts for it not to, as she mumbled, "What if she's about to cut me off because I'm such a mess?"

"Walz," Dinah lilted, standing up to place her cup of ramen on Camila's desk before she moved to wrap the Cuban up in a hug. "She's not going to cut you off...she probably had something really important to do."