A desire stronger than mine

The forest was as dry and clean as always, if someone new to that place were to recently visit they would've never guessed that a rain had even happened.

Ray noted every detail of said forest as he slowly walked through the fallen leafs, turning back to see if his company was keeping up.

The leafs he stepped on were still soft and greenish, yet he would occasionally come across yellowish, almost red, dead leafs, making a satisfying crunching sound when stepped on.

"Was this your doing?"

"My doing? Can't say I like that choice of words. It's not like I willingly caused a change, my presence here is something I clearly can't control anymore."

His companion frowned a bit, their tone of voice, although calm, sounded somewhere between laughing and singing, nevertheless it also appeared to be more mature, almost male sounding.

"Anymore?"

The person, who was now by his side oddly smiled, as if they were in control of only half of their face, it looked as if they were tired, maybe even sarcastic. That was not a look that person would ever do.

"I was brought here by a strong desire, I could've went elsewhere but I guess you could say that my guts just didn't approve."

'A strong desire?'

"Desires are a dangerous form of kindling, they spread out like fire, no, like a virus even," , the person that looked like (name) fondly said, appearing to be excited at the mere mention of said topic,  " That's what I am and that's why I was made."

Ray kept his composure, blinking only when a familiar bell sounded, the person that looked like (name) forged on, "Nevertheless, it appears that a far stronger desire is approaching."

"A stronger desire?", The boy sighed frustratedly, "quit cyphering your words and speak clearly!"

"Hmph, it's only a feeling therefore I can't be completely accurate, when will you accept that I'm not your enemy?", The self-described virus made an eerily serious expression, their singing like voice not matching said expression at all.

"I'm giving you a once in a lifetime advantage, you know?", As they began to walk away from the usually abandoned area of the forest and directly toward the house, Ray quickly caught up.

"Emma and Norman 'told' me the truth of the farm."

"But you already knew of it, didn't you?"

"Yeah...", The boy kept his eyes unseen as he spoke, "About four years ago, (name) had a panic attack while she was eating, she threw herself on me the moment she saw me. Does that mean (name) knows that I'm a spy?"

"Hmm, no, since even I didn't know, but she knows that you're aware of the farm's existence, what advantages does the 'spy' have?"

"Info.", Ray simply said, ignoring his companion's stare on him as a longer than intended, uncomfortable silence resided between them until the house was a visible shape for both of them.

The person who looked like (name) gave the boy that odd smile again, "now that you revealed your partnership with the caretaker, why don't you get (name) to work with you three? The main reason she kept quiet was because she was afraid you'd accuse her of being a traitor."

The bell sounded out once again, children were collecting themselves from the outside and inside the small building, the familiar sound causing Ray to raise his head in alarm, gazing at his siblings.

"Say, is there a-", He was caught off guard when he turned to his companion, only to find no trace of their existence, all in merely a few seconds, not even footprints were left.