005

CHAPTER FIVE:

CHAPTER FIVE:

while marcie went back to stiles' house and explained everything she knew, there was a parent teacher conference going on at the school.

"jackson's a highly motivated student. in fact, i'd describe him as unusually driven." mr. harris told his parents.

"yeah, we were hoping he might ease up on himself a little. he's always been real hard on himself. it's just, you know, something we assumed was an effect of him being adopted." jackson's adopted father said.

"i think i understand. he's never met his biological parents." mr. harris said.

"yeah, that's right. it's the need to please, the overachieving, the desire to make someone proud... someone he's never even met." his father replied.

"something certainly seems to have recalibrated his desire for achievement several notches higher. not to be too blunt about it, but he seems almost obsessed." mr. harris said.

-

"let me tell you, there's plenty to say about lydia." the teacher told her parents.

"did i not predict this?" her father said.

"here we go. total nuclear meltdown as usual." natalie martin said.

"what is it? is it her grades, concentration issues, erratic behavior?" her father asked.

"i'm not the one who told her she had to choose who she wants to live with, as if that wouldn't warp a 16 year old girl." natalie said.

"just tell us what the problem is." her father said.

"i wasn't aware that there was a problem. academically, lydias one of the finest students i've ever had. her a.p. classes push her gpa above a 5.0. i'd actually like to have her i.q tested. and socially, she displays outstanding leadership qualities. i mean, she's a real leader." the teacher told her parents.

-

"stiles, that's right. i thought stiles was his last name." coach said.

"his last name is stilinski." his father told him.

"you name your kid stiles stilinski?" coach asked.

"no, that's just what he likes to be called." his father replied.

"oh. well, i like to be called cupcake... what is his first name?" the coach asked as noah pointed to his name.