Why does he care?

"Oh look is Alexis." Said the asshole quarterback with a sly smirk that I would just love to just slap off his face. "cute shirt. Good Will right?" Said his complete bitch of a girlfriend, Olivia. I was wearing a basic old, ratty, pink V-neck and some faded, loose jeans that were suppose to be skinny. They were previously worn by my older sister that is currently in college. I didn't respond to them, I was already in a awful mood and didn't feel like confrontation, but of coarse they weren't having it. "Hey fatty, I asked you a question!" I was then shoved into a wall by her and her friend that had just seen her screaming at me. "Fuck. Yeah it is actually. Happy?" She just smirked and shoved me against the wall a bit harder. "Maybe if you weren't such a lard ass and didn't shove so much food down your throat your family wouldn't be so poor!" By now a crowd had formed around us in the hallway waiting for one of us to make the next move. "Shut the fuck up! At least I'm not a pretentious, self-righteous, whore!" I yelled at her. That smirk that she had been sporting was immediately gone, it was replaced by a look of an unmistakeable mixture of shock and horror. I usually don't stand up to her this much so I'm not surprised she's shocked, hell I'm a bit shocked. "What did you just say to me?!" She screamed at me. She looked so angry, like she was about to rip me apart with her bare hands. "You herd me" now I was the one sporting a smirk. Right as she was about to punch me, there was a very loud, deep voice a few feet away. "Olivia, I wouldn't do that if I were you!" The entire hall looks towards the owner of that voice. It was Harry Styles. What? He had never even looked at me before and now he is magically coming to my rescue? Olivia still firmly pushing me against the wall with her arm turned to the curly haired boy. "This has nothing to do with you Styles. Go smoke or something!" He walked over to us until he was directly in front of us, and turned his head down so he could look her in the eyes. "It wasn't a request don't make me tell you again." His eyes were so dark they were almost black. Why does he even care? "Whatever styles." She huffed and removed her arm from me, but before she walked away she whispered into me ear "We'll finish this later fatty." Harry watched her intently until she was down the hall. I was frozen though. I have no clue why, but I couldn't move. He finally looked over at me "Are you ok? Did she hurt you?" He looked almost concerned. "U-m-m y-yeah" he just kept on staring at my face. "You sure?" "P-p-positive." He smirked at me. So big I could see a hint of a dimple. God he's hot. "Do you always stutter?" He seemed amused but I wasn't. I was still a bit pissed from Olivia and I's accouter moments ago. "No I'm just trying to process this morning. I literally just woke up and an hour ago. It's too early for this." He was still staring at me. Why the hell is he staring at me? "You want to skip class with me?" I just kinda stared at him in awe. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He was full on grinning at me by now. "Why would you want to skip with me?" He looked away for a moment than looked into my eyes again. "Because I don't want to go to class and I assume you don't after what just happened." His smile dropped all humor leaving the conversation. I was finally able to move so I started walking to towards me next class. "It's fine, you don't have to feel bad for me. Skip with your friends or something." I said over my shoulder. He surprised me though. He wrapped his hand around my arm and practically shoved me into his chest. "I'm not doing this out of pity. My friends aren't here today and I'm skipping either way." I looked at him for a moment weighing my options. "You sure?" He smiled at me "Yup." Then he started dragging me down the hall with him by my arm. I was slightly behind because I'm only 5"5 and he is like 7 foot tall with long legs. It's safe to say he towers over me. It was a good thing though because now I could finally get a good look at him. He was wearing very tight black skinny jeans, with a long sleeved band sweat shirt. Damn, his hair was long, it was about to his shoulders. It worked for him though, it was really hot actually. His eyes were a really great shade of green. I kinda feel like I could stare at him for ages. The boy was practically flawless. After me basically eye fucking him for three more minutes we arrived at the football field. He turned around to face me once he was please with our location. I gave him a questioning look. "Why the football field?" He grabbed a pack of cigarets out of his back pocket. "This is where I go to smoke, they don't ever check here for "delinquent" students skipping class." "Oh." Is all I said. I sit on the ground that is still slightly wet with morning dew and he does the same moments later. Maybe a few inches to close though. What if he brought me out here to rape me. Fuck. What am I going to do now?! "Relax. I'm not going to hurt you or anything! You're safe, I swear." I look over at him. He looks concerned. I guess he saw the panic in my eyes. "Want one?" He moves the box towards me a bit. I've done it before. Should I? I mean who knows. Maybe I'll be lucky enough and die from it. "Sure." He smirks probably surprised by my answer. I place it in my mouth and he lights it, doing the same with his own. "I thought you would be a goody goody." He smirks at me. "Well, I'm full of surprises."

OK SO HEY GUYS! I am really proud of this so far. I realize I'm no John Green, but it's still pretty damn good for a first chapter of a very first book. So thank you for reading, and please vote and leave your comments on what you think or what I could improve on!