SURPRISE

Chapter 14

When I open my eyes, the first thing I see is, through the window in Thea's office, Captain Hills and Thea kissing. I guess being worried brought them closer. I make my way outside to go to my dorm room. I can't wait to see Allie's and Talia's reactions when they see me. When I'm in the living room I see the two girls looking sadly at their glasses of water.

"What got you so down?" I ask. They turn their heads my way. Their surprise faces are priceless. They run to me and hug me.

They let go and stare for a while.

Talia is the first one to speak, "where were you?"

"She got kidnapped. How do you want her to know where she was? No, the real question is how you escaped? And is it possible I've seen you about a couple of minutes ago?" Allie wonders.

"With my power. Yes, you did see me. You must have noticed how I'm not like any of you? Well, I kind of wish to be here and I got here. But before I made it true, I thought of my friends and it happened that's why you saw me. In other words, I made you appear for a couple of seconds before I lost my focus and that's why you couldn't do more than see me." I explain.

"Girls, I think it's time for me to be true to you. About what I am. I'm still not sure what I am but Aiden Smith told me we are alike. He also said my DNA is what makes me different and that I'm adopted, must have been why my mother didn't know about me. All the others, with the same kind of DNA as mine, are dead, Aiden and I are the only ones left. I can ghosts. Well, two, but one of them didn't appear lately. I can wish things would happen and it does like the alarm when you both fell asleep and how I got back here. It was hard because, for some reason in the building he kept me in, my power didn't seem to work except for a small dose to open a locked door. Oh, and the only reason I didn't grow up in the orphanage with the other children like me, where the nuns knew about us, was because it caught fire when I was an infant and I can't remember it, I was too young." I stare at both of them, waiting for their reactions.

Allie didn't blink for about one minute before she started talking, " Woah, that's a lot, but it makes so much sense. Fairies never lose focus and you lost it a couple of times."

"No wonder, all the problems we had this summer all seemed to go back to you. You must have been scared all alone. Are you okay now?" Talia says worriedly.

"I'm okay, now that I'm here. But I'm not going to feel better unless we make sure he won't be able to make me help him. He's going to come back for me. We need a plan." I sigh. "We need to neutralize Aiden Smith because if we don't, he might hurt a lot of people."

"Neutralize him how?" Allie asks. "And I'm sure he's more powerful than us. I can't use my power when I want, I didn't practice enough and I'm not ready to face someone whose ability appeared one year faster than the normal person."

"Wait?! Is Allie scared of something? FINALLY!!" Talia exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

"I will kill you if you continue. You're scared of all the small little insects. I will make them crawl on you if you don't stop!" Allie counters.

Knock knock knock

We all look at each other. "Did you guys invite someone over?"

"No, we didn't. Maybe someone heard that Allie's scared of something and they want to know what it is." Talia jokes. Allie didn't like this but she just went to open the door.

It was Dylan and Logan.

"What do you guys want?"