Prologue

Everything was dark. All I could hear was muffled voices, cheering and squealing. But the sound that was louder than any of those was the palpitation of an internal organ of mine. Though, I didn't quite get what's happening, I just tried to remain calm and nonchalant about it.

They began to ask question from me this time. "Woman, will you take this man to be your husband?"

Even blindfolded, I know right then who I was "engaged" with, whatever the term maybe. And I also had the knowledge of the questions they were gonna interrogate to me. But still, the question came to me in a form of surprise. I don't know what to speak. I want to say yes because I know who my partner is... and yet, I want to say no because of the same reason. I was confused.

"Come on. If you answer yes, this ceremony would be finished in a jiffy!" The "fake" priest said, annoyed. I wish then I could smack into his little face this words, "Well maybe if you guys don't want to do this, why invent a stupid tradition?" But, I just zipped my mouth.

Maybe I should say no, maybe I should say yes. And the feud in my head lead in to a great decision: no.

But ended up in a great mistake as well when I answered, "Y-Yes?"