0.19- my oh mono

"goddamnit james, why'd you have to come over with mono." grayson complained via phone call.

"i thought i recovered kitty girl," james laughed, "just don't share any drinks with ethan until you're better."

"he doesn't share drinks for shit bro, not a problem." grayson laughed.

"feel better soon, gray, i have to get to school" james hung up the phone as he walked into school, meeting up with emma and the girdies.

"hey guys." james greeted, a smile on his face, "mono sucked."

"i bet, hopefully nobody else gets it. you shared a drink with anyone?" hannah questioned.

"yeah, at grayson's and now gray's out with mono too. anyone heard from e?" james questioned.

ellie and emma both shrugged, before emma perked up, "oh he's at his locker." james and ellie both noticed her face brighten up, but left that fact alone.

"hey guys." ethan smiled as he saw them.

"oh my gosh, he's talking to us." ellie mumbled towards james, a smile on her face as chase walked over.

"he's been for a while, sweetie." james laughed.

""how's gray?" emma asked.

"good, slightly dying," ethan laughed, "anyways, em, can you help me with algebra?"

"yeah," emma grinned, "library at free period?"

ethan nodded, "thanks," he looked towards chase and nodded, "i'll catch up with you later."

-

"you get it?" emma asked, checking her watch to see when the bell would ring.

"i think so," ethan scratched the back of his head with a shrug, "it's the closest i'll get, i guess."

emma laughed, "hey, are you okay?" she noticed ethan's face slightly red.

"it's probably grayson's germs." ethan replied, "i doubt its serious though."

"you might want to check with the nurse then, cause mono's going around and that would suck." emma told him, standing up and gathering her stuff, ethan following.

"i should be good until the end of the day," the twin replied, a smirk suddenly appearing on his face, "nice to know you're concerned."

"we're friends." emma smiled before turning to face ethan, not realizing how close he had been standing, "o-of course i'm worried."

ethan raised an eyebrow, "you going to cameron's party tonight?"

"wasn't planning on it, kind of hard to party with an injured leg," emma answered, "you? i didn't think you were the party type."

"i'm not," ethan shrugged, "but chase wants to talk with a girl who's going so he wanted me to come. i didn't think about your leg, though."

"i'll think about it." emma smiled, "i'll, uh, text you if i decide to go."

"great, see you later em."