Chapter 8

I woke up and took in my surroundings. It reeked of disenfectant and hospital food. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in my bed.
I hated these horrible robes they were so scratchy and uncomfortable. I looked to my right to see Rook asleep, he looked so cute. I could only imagine how many kids him and ruby would have had by now.
I saw a bottle of sprite on my table next to me, I reached for it and put a bendy straw inside.

As soon as I opened the sprite rooks eyes fluttered opened.

"Hey handsome." I smiled.

"Well hey beautiful" he said and beamed.

He walked over to me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"You are so strong J. I love you"

"I love you too." I smiled

"I better go tell Colton you are awake."

"He is here?" I asked kinda suprised.

"Yeah he hasn't moved from the nurses station since you came in. He refused to sit anywhere else so he wouldn't miss any new word on your condition."

I was suprised. "Okay."

I felt disgusting with my hair unwashed and my face cleaned of makeup. I had no idea what I looked like and was nervous about Colson seeing me like this.

"Hey beautiful". I heard him say.

A smile formed on my face. "Hey you."

"How are you feeling?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Gross. I really want to take a shower."

"Okay. Let me go make sure it's okay with the nurse, you hit your head pretty bad."

"Okay." I said smiling.

He looked like an emotional wreck. He had bags under his eyes along with his face red and swollen from anger and tears. I could tell this really affected him. Maybe he really does still love me.

"Hey, they said your free to take a shower after they take your IV out. Only as long as someone is in the room with you, to prevent from any falls. I can go get Brielle if you arnt comfortable with me helping you."
He said.

He was giving me respect for my body and my comfort. I mean he always was very respectful towards me, but he didn't even make a perverted comment about seeing me naked.

"Oh god no, no Brielle. I can barely handle her with no morphine. I want you to help." I replied.

"Okay." He said as he bent down and kissed my forehead gently.

Okay guys, forgive me for not updating in so long. I have been experiencing health difficulties but I have a lot of time now to update every day! I'll be adding another chapter later on this evening! Let me know what you guys think!
Vote, comment, love y'all 💞