Notice

A couple of days went by and now it is a Thursday. it was a typical day for the kids with them fortunately finishing all of their homework while they were in school. the focus is on the boys sitting outside on the bench waiting for Mama to pick them up.

Andre: bruh. tell me why this white dude at lunch deliberately spilled Kool-aid on the floor and tried to blame it on me.

Mickey: for real?!

Andre: yeah bruh. if it wasn’t for my boys being there and standing up for me i’d probably be suspended by now.

Mickey: shoo. you ain’t lyin. you know half of these teachers don’t listen to nothing we say. they automatically wanna do away with us.

Andre: yeah.

there was a slight pause with the both of them looking down to the ground. Andre turns his head to his right and looks up at Mickey.

Andre: yo Mickey.

Mickey: what’s up.

Andre: did you think about joining the group. Mü kéta.

Mickey: Yeah i did.

Andre: so what do you think bruh.

Mickey: i mean...everything about the group seems to be fun, but i don’t think i wanna join bruh. sorry.

Andre: What?! Why? Man. all we do is play dice and cards dude. it ain't all that bad man.

Mickey: yeah but that’s gambling though. and you know how Pops and Mama feel about that.

Andre: Bro, someday you’re gonna have to grow up and start making your own decisions despite any interference with Mama.

Mickey: yeah that maybe true, but still. we’re under their roof, And we have to abide by their rules.

Andre: i know but….

He sighs in disappointment.

Andre: just join the group man. it ain’t even all that bad. im telling you.

Mickey: I’m sorry to bail out on you bro. but i made a lot of Mistakes in the past man. I’m trying to be a better person than what i am.

Andre: but you are though.

Mickey: and i appreciate you saying that man. for real. but still, i just don’t feel comfortable with that group.

Andre: alright then man. i can respect that i guess. because i know that you’re coming from a long way. but i'm still joining that group though.

Mickey: alright. you do yo thang man. we cool though.

Andre: Boy we brothers. of course we cool. we’ll be cool until we die man.

Mickey Chuckles.

Mickey: Alright then. cool.

Andre rises up off the bench.

Andre: i'm about to go win some more cash bruh. i’m out.

Mickey: what time do you think you’ll be back?

Andre: hopefully at 7:00.

Mickey: it better be if you don’t want Mama’s whip cracked across yo behind.

Andre: yeah. you right about that bruh.

As he walks away, the focus changes to him with the group playing dice with his leader Benny Lacroix. and other members such as: Willie Sanders, Leno Cruz, and Buck Telly. Aunt Charity notices him from a far distance and rushes to a nearby city Telephone. she quickly unzips her purse, pulls out a quarter and slaps it into the slot. she picks up the Telephone and looks back at Andre as she holds it up to her ear.