2

Is it bad to say that I'm bored? 'Cause I'm pretty bored right now. Jenna's telling me about how she went blind like I don't already know. I see her wipe those non-existent tears and roll my eyes. "I just can't believe he would do that, you know? I always trusted Toby but...I guess even good people do bad things." Jenna says. "Mhm." I reply with an annoyed sigh. She won't notice if I just...leave, right? I slowly get out of my chair and walk past her, letting out a sigh of relief when I'm outside of the restaurant. I take out my phone and call Spencer.

     I tap my foot impatiently on the sidewalk waiting for her to answer. "Hello?" "I need you to pick me up." I tell her. "Why what's wrong?" She asks. "I'm bored out of my mind with this girl. You took the car and I'm not paying for a cab, so come pick me up." I tell her. She sighs on the other line and says something to her date. "I'll be there in a few minutes." She says, sounding sad. I end the call and wait outside.

     Spencer pulls in the parking lot with her date and I get in. "Was it really that bad?" She asks. "She kept wiping these fake tears while throwing a pity party." Spencer shakes her head starts to pull out when I stop her. "I forgot my house keys on the table. Get them for me while I go to the bathroom." I tell her before getting out the car and walking back into the restaurant. I walk past Jenna as she talks to an empty seat.

While Alex is in the bathroom, I have to make the task to get her keys without alerting her date. I approach the table quietly and grab the keys from the table. It jingles slightly but Jenna doesn't seem to notice. As I walk back to the front door, I see a waiter walk to the table and pick up the the dishes. "Have you seen my date?" Jenna asks him. "I think the woman you were with left." The waiter answers. I see a tear slowly cascade down Jenna's cheek and I sigh. Why does Alex have to do this?

I walk over to the table and sit down. "Hey Jenna!" I say, pretending to be Alex. "Alex! The waiter said you left." She says back. "Oh, my sister called, it was urgent so I had to step out. I'm sorry." I tell her. She smiles and grabs my hand. I pull out my wallet and pay for their dinner. "You're such an amazing person Alex. I hope we can go on another date soon." Jenna says. "Yeah, I hope so." I say back, obviously not meaning it. As I walk her to the entrance, I see my date standing at the door, looking at me furiously. A cab takes Jenna home, which I pay for.

"So, I guess I'm not the only date you have tonight." Leslie says. I look at her weirdly. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "Paying for her food, escorting her out, walking her to her cab!" My date yells. I am so confused. "She's blind!" I yell back. "That's not the point! It's you! Alex should be the one doing those things, not you!" Leslie screams. Is she serious?! "I'm just helping Alex out." "No, you're being a wimp!" "What?!" "I need a strong woman, not someone who picks up after her sister's mistakes."

     I am so confused right now. Leslie walks to the curb and hails a cab. "What are you doing?" I ask. She ignores me and gets in the cab, driving away. I walk back to the car as Alex comes out of the restaurant. "You okay?" She asks, noticing that I'm upset. I ignore her and drove us home.