3

What is wrong with Spencer? She didn't say anything the whole ride home and now she's locked in her room not speaking. Whatever, she'll get over whatever it is. Mona walks into our apartment and puts down her bag. "How was your date?" She asks, pushing up her glasses. "Boring. I left." I answer. Mona sits down on the couch opposite from me and runs her fingers through her pigtails.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I though Jenna would be a good match for you." She says, looking down at the ground. "So did I. You know the first I notice about a girl is her eyes." I tell her. Mona looks up at me. "Really?" She asks with a smiles. "Yeah, but she had these black sunglasses on. I'm not into glasses." I say. She looks back down while pushing her glasses up.

"You should get new glasses, those ones seem to be falling a lot." I tell her. "Or maybe invest in contacts. So you can see me eyes better." She says smiling. "Whatever works for you." I tell her, looking at her weirdly. Why is she smiling at me like that? Her smiles fades after my comment and looks towards Spencer's bedroom. "She's been in there for hours now. Her date bailed, I don't know why." I tell her. Mona nods and gets up to make dinner.

I get up from the couch and walk to the kitchen. Why doesn't Alex notice that I'm flirting with her? I think she's an amazing person, but she's an idiot too. But I like her idiotness, it's cute. "What's for dinner?" She asks, walking into the kitchen. "Nachos." I answer, grabbing the Fritos and cheese. "My favorite!" She yells, rubbing her stomach. She's too cute. "Can you put pulled pork on it?" She asks. I nod and grab the meat of the drawer.

"Do you what to help?" I ask, hoping she says yes. "I mean, I have a million other things to do. Like...sitting on the couch, watching tv on the couch, sleeping on the couch...stuff." She answers. I give her a look and she sighs. "Fine. Spencer won't help you so I'll step in as the dinner hero." She says. As I put all of the ingredients on the counter, I look back at Alex. "You can't help me from over there." I say.

She moves from the doorway to counter, standing behind me. I feel her front on my back and her longer arms against mine. "How about here?" She asks nonchalantly. "Th-that's fine." I stutter. I try to open the bag of Fritos but it's hard to open. "I got it." Alex says, grabbing hold of the bag and my hands. My palms start to sweat, making it even harder to open. I take my hands away and she rips the bag open. A few chips fall to the floor which she dives for.

"Five second rule!" Alex yells while stuffing the fallen chips in her mouth. I laugh at how cute she is. I turn on the stove and a giant flame shoot out. I jump back and bump into Alex. She wraps her arms around me protectively, making my heart flutter. "We need a new stove." She says, letting go. I nod and continue cooking. God, can't she see what she's doing to me?