The Kiss (Part Two)

"So...are we gonna talk about last night?"

When you spoke, Billie looked up at you, shocked that she didn't have to make you angry to hear your voice.
"Uh...yeah, yeah we can..." Billie started, but you cut her off.

"It didn't mean anything...I don't know why I'm telling you this, but Billie...when you were standing in the kitchen, you looked so sad- why?" You inquired, looking her in the eyes for the first time in a week.

Her eyes quickly left your gaze, meeting the floor instead. Her voice quivered a bit when she spoke: "I- I don't know...I just felt...so far from you, even thought we were only a few feet away from each other. You felt so far away, and the way you looked at me...like you were trying to hurt me- well, it worked."

You stood up, and slowly walked over to her still leaning against the stove and fiddling with her rings. "Ok...I didn't want to hurt you. I just wanted you to see that I could move on, I guess? I don't know, it was stupid- but I definitely didn't expect you to be there, it was so late- why were you still awake?"

"Because, Y/N, I was worried. I knew you were hurt and when you get hurt, you get reckless. I was staying up, waiting in the kitchen for you to make sure you got home safe, and was going to see if you wanted any food, because I know you're always hungry when you get drunk, and then, you came home, but you were with that— "
You cut in, smiling a bit at the fact that she cared so much about you, but didn't want to let her see you smile. You walked closer to her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, saying: "Hey, woah woah woah, Billie, slow down- it's okay. It's fine. I'm done being angry with you for something you can't control, you can't force yourself to like me, and I can't expect you to—"

You were more than surprised when her lips met yours in the middle of your statement, cutting you off. At first, you pulled away a bit, but Billie grabbed your hand, causing you to warm up to the kiss a bit, and there you stood- in your kitchen, completely sober, kissing the girl you never thought you would kiss again.

When the kiss ended, you looked at her, confused. You opened your mouth to speak, but before you could, Billie said, "Don't speak, it's fine. I guess seeing you last night with that girl made me kind of jealous, but I didn't realize it was jealousy...it really made me realize something I had for you since the first kiss. I just kept denying it, to myself and you, and—"

This time, it was you who cut her off with a kiss, this one deeper and more passionate than the first a minute ago. You put your arms around her waist, and she put hers around your neck. After a few seconds, you shifted your grip and positioned your hands under her to set her up on the counter. You were still kissing when, suddenly, you smelled something...burning.

You quickly pulled away, yelled, "Shit!", slid on an oven mitt, and grabbed the sizzling pan from the stove and threw it into the sink. You turned the spigot on full blast, completely ruining your breakfasts.

You looked at Billie, and the two of you laughed like you hadn't in weeks. You walked back over to her and positioned yourself between her legs, your hands resting on her thighs.

"Well...breakfast is a no-go; what do you say we go out?"

Billie smiled at you, kissed you once on the lips, and said, "Let's go."